Keefer's Inn
$105
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsparking lothot tubcomfortable bedhis wifewi ficlean roomssan franciscocoffee makernight's sleepnice stayroad tripnon smoking roomkeefersdeepmotelfreewayrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Big screen HD TV & hbo, nicely redecorated, very quiet and the bargain of the year. It is a nice friendly place with a restaurant on the property. Wifi was excellent and the clerk was a bit hard to understand but very friendly.

Room Tip: 59, on the end
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here when attending a convention in King City. The room was very clean, rather basic and nondescript - parking is right next to the room. The night clerk was friendly and recommended a good place for breakfast.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I chose this motel based on the reviews and found it to be an excellent place to stay. Hubby checked in and yes he did say the gentleman behind the desk did not appear the most congenial of people.There was instruction of the TV remote ! Later however I had reason to see him to ask for the wifi password and we had a nice chat about the beautiful roses growing on the property.
The room was comfortable and clean, a good bed. Flat screen TV, frig, microwave, iron, coffee and hairdryer.
Location is just off the freeway but I found it quiet. There is a restaurant just across the parking lot and some fast food joints close by. We did not eat breakfast there but it appeared to be coffee, danish and cereal.
The motel is situated next to a residential area so if you need a bit of exercise after driving all day there is about a 15 minute loop around the houses. Left out of the motel to the end of Canal St and left on Rio Vista and it brings you back to Canal St.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank hornbeamVal
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We checked in very late (11pm) on a Friday evening. Front desk person was rude, sharp and seemed very annoyed. Was shown a TV remote and was given instructions on how to operate "Off/On Volume Up/down" then was told to not touch a certain button. When I went to look closer the front desk person shushed me away and began to explain his rules to my husband then hands the TV remote, which we took back to our room. We found it rather odd that we would be given at TV remote at check-in.
The room was large and appeared to be clean. When I pulled the bed cover down, the blanket on my side of the bed had a rather large tear (7-8") in it. It was very thin and warn out. It was chilly in the room and we could not get the heater to work, it ran but continually blew cold air. It being very late and having just dealt with the rude man, we chose to stay warm by sleeping in our sweatshirts/sweatpants.
The "Continental Breakfast" - well let's just say didn't look appealing at all. The motel would be better off doing away with it.
The Jacuzzi was nice to enjoy after a long tiring day of hiking in the Pinnacles NP.
When I went to check out, I brought the TV remote with me to turn in. Immediately the front desk person (same one that checked us in) began yelling at me for bringing the remote to him. I was trying to be polite and said that I would take it back to the room but since he gave it to us at check-in I thought I needed to turn it back in. He adamantly claimed he did no such thing. Then when my husband walked in, he began yelling at him.
I will never stay at Keefer's again not because of the room quality, because the front desk person was rude and not hospitable at all.

Room Tip: Good Luck with the Crazy Counter Person!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ScubaBubbles06
jmilly, Manager at Keefer's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

We have Direct Tv in all rooms, So channel are changed on Sat Box and not on TV.
Most of the people change the remote from Sat mode to TV mode and than change the HDMI mode to regular TV channel and than TV screen will be blank and No Signal sign.
So when they come for Check in. We do instruct them how to use the remote. sor which we have a demo Remote in Office.
When she came to Check out her husband came behind her with a bad mood with a remote.
So I just said that this remote belong to the room that's all and he got upset and used the bad language. I didn't said anything. so when she left she said something also.
What I was suppose to laugh at his comment or what?

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Friendly staff, family owned & operated.Large, comfortable rooms and beds. Mini-fridge and microwave in each room. Our third stay, and place of choice when going down the 101. The breakfast is continental, but fine for a quick bite.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family