“Best Inn In King City, CA by Far”
Review of Keefer's Inn

Keefer's Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in King City
Willard, Utah, USA
“Best Inn In King City, CA by Far”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

The Hotel had everything I needed and treated me with a great deal of respect. Thank you, Deep.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Petaluma, California
Reviewed March 24, 2011

On our way home from a tough backpacking trip in Death Valley, we were roadworn and weary. I was looking for somewhere that looked decent and not too expensive. The proprietor was friendly to my son and me, asking us where we were traveling and actually including the kid in the conversation. The room was well appointed, clean, and reasonable. In addition to the usual soap/shampoo they even put a disposable toothbrush in the bathroom.We paid $75 after tax for the two bed room. Breakfast was simple, but ample (various cereals, fruit, coffee & O.J., and packaged pastries), and there was a coffee pot in the room. I'll remember this place when I need to stop in the Salinas area again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Nicer than I expected for the price. Very clean. Comfy bed. Genial owner. I would lighten up on the incense in the lobby, but otherwise, no complaints. If it wasn't for the no-frills shampoo, I would have thought I was in a much more upscale hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Newbury Park, California
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We needed a place to stay to break up the drive on a road trip from southern CA to San Francisco. This place fit the bill perfectly. We've also stayed there on our way back from Monterey and hit Pinnacles NM afterward. Very friendly owner/staff. They even brought out the packaging of the breakfast items so that we could check it for nut allergens for our son. Also recommended a room based on when neighbors would be waking up. Huge rooms. Quiet when we've been there, even though it is close to the freeway. Obviously not a high end place, but we were pleased with it for the price. Satellite tv in the rooms with almost too many channels.

There is a restaurant that I think is owned by them that is across the parking lot. It is an ok cafe/diner-style place. I had decent meatloaf there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
california
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Stayed here based on the reviews, and would not recommend it at all. The innkeepers are fantastic people, but the inn itself is dreary and shabby. The bed was NOT comfortable, the whole room felt somewhat uncared for (crooked mirrors and pictures that had obviously been that way for some time, big burns on the carpet, etc.), and overall I felt uneasy here, especially as a single woman. Not unsafe, it just wasn't quite up to standard. And the "restaurant" across the way -- skip it, it's a terrible waste of money, no matter what you have, and the service is slow.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank indigoswan
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed December 15, 2010

This hotel is the best 2 star hotel I have ever stayed at. Beds are comfortable, internet is fast and free, TV is awesome - HD and direct TV-many channels. Coffee is very good and you get sweet rolls, cereals and fruit too. Deep and his wife are great hosts and attend to your needs. They have upgraded furniture and draperies. Hot tub is always very hot and the pool is there is you dare. Hotel is right off the 101 at Canal. What more could you ask for?

Only negative is that I prefer hotels that use washable duvet covers so I do not have to sleep with linens that someone else used.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Off the 101 between San Francisco & Ventura -- this is THE place to stay. I'd read the great reviews, but was still a bit skeptical. That is, until I arrived and met Seema. It turned out that I had booked our room for the wrong night, but she didn't even miss a beat, "Of course we have a room for you," so kind and considerate. The room was exceptionally clean. Very comfortable King bed, a sofa and nice sized TV. All the fixtures worked perfectly in the bathroom. There was a fridge and a coffee maker. Everything we could need. Too cold, so can't comment on the pool. But there is a terrific diner across the parking lot that had better wine (for $5 a glass!) than I've been served in most San Francisco restaurants!

I promise that if you stay here, you won't have that creepy feeling that comes with staying at some "off the freeway" inexpensive motels. Honestly, it feels like real family caring and pride goes into maintaining this place.

Thank you, Seema. We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
#5 of 7 in King City
No photo provided
Fireside Inn
#1 of 1 in King City

Been to Keefer's Inn? Share your experiences!