“Nice to find. Very friendly and helpful. ”
Review of Wildhorse Cafe

Wildhorse Cafe
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in King City
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Good food, very friendly and welcoming, clean restroom, and a nice glass of wine. What more could you want for a rest stop. Fun and nice to find.

1  Thank WeLov2Travel45

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We've eaten here many, many times. I've never been impressed by their food but my husband seems to like it so we keep going back. We just tried it again yesterday and the sausage gravy I ordered was so thick that it was like a paste, in addition to not having much flavor. The hash browns were alright. My husband said he really liked his turkey sandwich. They do give you large portions. For a "trucker" cafe, they close very early (according to their sign on the wall).

3  Thank K. B
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We pass through King City often, and this time stopped for breakfast using Trip Advisor reviews as our guide. We were not disappointed with Wild Horse Cafe. Very good basic breakfast. Fresh squeezed OJ. Pancakes a little less fluffy than my sons prefer, but overall everything was very good. Very friendly service. We'll be back!

1  Thank chuckbtravelin
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a long-time, family owned cafe located just south of King City on Highway 101. The menu has something for everyone but the secret is the beef. It is Hearst Ranch beef. It's simply the highest quality beef you can get because the cattle are raised the way they did before the chemicals, segregated stock-yards, and forcing them to eat corn. They just eat grass! But all the rest of the menu is very good too. The staff is friendly and attentive and the restaurant is kept neat and clean. For business or with the family, this is a good place to eat.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was my second visit to the Wildhorse Cafe. I live in Arroyo Grande, S. of San Lusi Obispo.
I have several friends in San Jose and Santa Cruz. We meet at the Wildhorse because it is half way between our home towns. We where there for about 21/2 hours and were never rushed to leave. The waitress left a pitcher of water on the table for us. Also a good location if you are traveling between LA and San Francisco. Exit 278 S. of King City.

The food is o.k. and the service was excellent.