“Very good bkfst, friendly service”
Review of Wildhorse Cafe

Wildhorse Cafe
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in King City
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We pass through King City often, and this time stopped for breakfast using Trip Advisor reviews as our guide. We were not disappointed with Wild Horse Cafe. Very good basic breakfast. Fresh squeezed OJ. Pancakes a little less fluffy than my sons prefer, but overall everything was very good. Very friendly service. We'll be back!

1  Thank chuckbtravelin

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a long-time, family owned cafe located just south of King City on Highway 101. The menu has something for everyone but the secret is the beef. It is Hearst Ranch beef. It's simply the highest quality beef you can get because the cattle are raised the way they did before the chemicals, segregated stock-yards, and forcing them to eat corn. They just eat grass! But all the rest of the menu is very good too. The staff is friendly and attentive and the restaurant is kept neat and clean. For business or with the family, this is a good place to eat.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was my second visit to the Wildhorse Cafe. I live in Arroyo Grande, S. of San Lusi Obispo.
I have several friends in San Jose and Santa Cruz. We meet at the Wildhorse because it is half way between our home towns. We where there for about 21/2 hours and were never rushed to leave. The waitress left a pitcher of water on the table for us. Also a good location if you are traveling between LA and San Francisco. Exit 278 S. of King City.

The food is o.k. and the service was excellent.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stopped here in Mid December 2011 at the start of our Christmas road trip, and had a very nice bite to eat.

The Wildhorse Cafe features beef from the Hearst Ranch in San Simeon, so my wife and I had Hearst burgers. They were certainly a cut above other beef burgers, and worth the premium. I had a BBQ Trucker Burger, my wife had the California Burger, and we both found them very good. Our son had spaghetti and thought the sauce was too much like BBQ sauce.

The restaurant is not your typical road food chain; it seems to still be family run. The waitress was very friendly to us. They have a small shop with novelties, souvenirs and a wide selection of military medals for sale by the entrance. Since they aren't beholden to corporate owners, they can still have a touch of whimsy, and the elk's head done up to be Rudolph for Christmas was certainly different. They say they have Wi-Fi, but we didn't try it.

Finding the restaurant is not difficult, but our navigation system had the location misplaced by miles, apparently confused by the official address (50630 Mesa Verde Rd). Don't be fooled, this restaurant is right by the western side of US-101 at the Wildhorse Rd exit (Exit 278), about 4 miles south of King CIty.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

I always stop for a meal on my way up the 101. Great rustic spot next to a truck stop south of King City. Local grass fed beef from the Hearst Ranch. Excellent breakfasts, good burgers, great value. Very friendly service.