“Yum!”

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This restaurant is next to Keefer's Inn, and there's a Burger King across the street.

Skip BK and enjoy a better culinary experience at the Stravaganza. It has a variety of breakfasts, entrees, salads, burgers, and other regular American food, but the big attraction is Middle Eastern cuisine. I think the owners are Persian. On my stays, I had three different meals: roast leg of lamb (served with rice pilaf, sautéed mixed veggies, and IIRC garlic toast) and both the beef and chicken grilled kebobs (served with rice, mint-yogurt cucumbers, a fresh Persian mixed salad, and pita). They were all delicious and beautifully presented and the service was excellent.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were travelling from San Francisco to Santa Barbara and knew we need a food/fuel/toilet break somewhere along the 101. King City looked pretty much the right place to stop, and with Stravaganza's great reviews it was a done deal.

We arrived after lunchtime so found it to be very quiet with only one other person eating in there - its a large room so lacked the diner feel which is the fare offered on the menu.

All four of us ate well for very little money - food was good, hot and served efficiently.

We even got to put a pin in the world map - another one for the UK !!

1  Thank Dean B
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The worst part about driving from LA to SF (or vice versa) is the horrible food options through much of the central valley. This is a great choice to get something reasonably healthy and wholesome without having to get too far away from the freeway. We had salads- nothing spectacular, but fresh with generous portions. Way better than anything you'd get from a chain fast-food restaurant. My one criticism is the bathroom- it was kind of gross. It seemed like it had been well used but not recently cleaned. The trash reeked of baby diapers.

1  Thank sassycg
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Our family of four stopped for lunch based on the good reviews. I almost wonder if those good reviews are of another restaurant. The atmosphere is decent and what you would expect in a roadside cafe. Our waitress was sweet and efficient. The food was expensive and seriously not good. I love good food and I don't mind paying for it. Few things annoy me more than paying a lot for awful food! The $13 eggs Benedict had an orange colored, flavorless canned hollandaise, a soft soggy muffin and cold turmeric potatoes. My husband couldn't eat the second half of his $13 turkey melt. This man never leaves a meal unfinished. Last, the kids meals are all $8. They don't include any fresh fruit, just a small portion of the typical unhealthy kids meal food. I recommend saving your money and just get fast food.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had been traveling down 101 and needed to stop by a place for lunch. We saw this restaurant was #1 on trip advisor for King City and decided to give it a shot. The food was pretty darn good. Id definitely recommend the clam chowder. The tuna salad melt needed lettuce. And the ranch salad dressing was runny. However all in all it was a great meal. Their only downfall was their bathrooms. When we entered the women's bathroom, there was absolutely no toilet paper in ANY of the stalls. Then later the paper towel machine ran empty. The worst part was when I went up to inform the waitress that was standing by the cash register, she looked at me like I was crazy. Beware. If the bathrooms are not PERFECT, tell them.