“Awful”
Review of Super 8 King City

Super 8 King City
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in King City
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Found one dead bead bug one still alive powder everywhere must have treated recently. I can't describe how filthy this place is. The chairs are so filthy I wouldn't let my husband sit on it. No luggage coming in my house without being treated first. Seriously can't believe my husband made me stay here never again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roxiedodsmom
There are newer reviews for Super 8 King City

Reviewed July 29, 2012

First I want to say that even though I gave this motel a 3, it's definitely a 2-star type place. BUT, for $59 we had a huge and quite attractive room with a King bed and little living room area for the 1 night we stayed. Everyone knows that KC is the half-way spot between SoCal and NorCal when you're driving the 101. I just wanted to break up the drive with my 7 year old and the Motel 6 was $71.99. So...along with the really really large king room you get a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. There are quite a few channels on the TV and totally free Wi-Fi. The free "breakfast" that is basically a waffle maker, toast, and cereal. All in all...it's a darn good deal for $59. The cons...the pool is murky and not heated...cigarette butts everywhere...there is a plastic matress pad on the bed so we were sweating all night despite the AC being on and the fitted sheet kept slipping off...the pillows are completely flat (I had to get the extra blanket out of the drawer and put it under 2 pillows to get enough height to equal a regular pillow)...the low-flow shower head was basically a dribble and there was no hot water (luke warm).

I know it sounds kind of awful, but it really wasn't. For $59 it was well worth the stay versus driving straight through. It would be nice if they cleaned the outside up a bit better, particularly the pool area in summer...but we weren't there for a spa vacation. I'd stay again...and bring my own pillow!!

Room Tip: The Deluxe King was huge and rather attractive! (Room 240)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Went to the Mid-state fair in Paso Robles 7/20. Unable to find affordable accommodations there. Booked 45 minutes North. Reviews said breakfast included waffles. In fact only sweetened cereals and bagels and cream cheese and sweetened instant oatmeal. Little appropriate for diabetics. Sign out front says AAA approved but that is not the current status but from a distant past. Room was quiet and reasonably priced and clerk allowed us to check in earlier than posted 2:00 p.m. Would stay there again. Lots of local tasting rooms in vicinity.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paupaubean
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Found 2 empty beer cans under our bed when we were leaving.
The hot tub wasn't hot and the woman at the front desk didn't know how to turn the jets on.
The power went out on some things,(not everything) in the morning.
The laminate floor in our room was split and cracked.
The continental breakfast was mediocre .

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I had booked the room online, because the price and review from another website. I was worried after reading reviews at tripadvisor. We arrived last night, and glad the room is pretty nice and clean. The wood floor easily gets dirty if you have dirty shoes/feet, but better than carpet (can look clean, but you never know!). Breakfast was great... waffle, oatmeal, hot cocoa, bagel, etc. And the CHP office is next door!(feel safer). Oh... the resto next door is pretty good, good value too.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This hotel used to be nice, not any more. The room was dirty. Dirty floors, dirty bed spread, dingy towels that hadn't seen bleach in a long time, and there was an empty beer bottle between the bed and nightstand. The woman at the desk in the morning was barely civil and couldn't be bothered to print a reciept. We won't go back and we will contact AAA also.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Tried Days Inn and desk clerk was on the phone ignoring us. Left and went to Courtesy Inn. Don't stay here. Desk clerk rude and rough. Rooms were smelly and gross. Bed ok for me- too soft for hubby. Did have in room coffee, micro, and frig but too afraid to touch. Too tired to drive farther or we would have. Creepy!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in King City
Valley Harvest Inn
Valley Harvest Inn
#2 of 2 in Soledad

Been to Super 8 King City? Share your experiences!