“acceptable”

Guadalajara Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in King City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 12, 2014

in a town without a clear gourmet destination, this restaurant can offer reasonably decent food, of the expected kind, with reasonably attentive service.
Prices are expectedly modest and, all in all, it resolves the need to nourish oneself before sleep.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Food was remotely warm, the meat in my carne asada tacos was overcooked and tasted like beef jerky. My husbands carnitas were very non traditional. I will never eat here again! I have managed a bar in a Mexican restaurant for 9 years. This was a terrible experience. Taco Bell is a better experience than this restaurant

1  Thank Bryan_Dawn_Berndtson
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Decided to change things up for once and selected Guadalajara. I had a relleno and enchilada combo and my wife had shrimp rancheros. Both were tasty and no real complaints except that the beans were from a can. All my real fave Mexican restaurants feature beans from scratch. Other than that, the place is bright and clean, and service was spot-on.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped on the way home from Santa Cruz and wanted to get the food to go. It was Memorial Day and the place was not busy at all. We decided on Chicken Burritos with rice and beans. It didn't take too long to get our food. It was hot (temperature) and wrapped nicely to go. Our order came with chips and salsa. We didn't try the salsa, but the tortilla chips were not very good. Not sure if it was the oil that they were fried in, but they had a strange taste. The burritos were very good. The tortillas tasted like they were homemade and the shredded chicken, rice, beans, cheese and pico de gallo were fresh. I only at half of my burrito because it was quite large. When we got home, my son ate the other half and enjoyed it.

I would eat here again. I just wished the chips were as tasty as the burrito was.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Actual real fresh chiles rellenos. Super friendly locals place. We just made friends with the folks at the next table. I am baffled by the negative reviews, but my Irish grandpa always said: "You usually get what you expect, if you don't expect much."