“Stay away from this place”
Review of Days Inn King City

Days Inn King City
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in King City
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend and had a very unpleasant experience with the manager. I saw a bunch of hairs in the bath tub and reported it to the front desk. Immediately, the woman who worked there denied that I saw hairs and refused to be of any assistance. I gave up and we finished our conversation. A couple of minutes later, there was a knock at the door. I was a little scared by this seeing as to how it was almost midnight. It was the manager himself who wanted to come in and take a look to see if there was hair in the tub. My boyfriend and I let him in and once he looked, he immediately acted like he didn't see any hair. My boyfriend specifically pointed out each hair to him, and he responded by saying they were scratches, not hair. At this point, he was saying something like "get out, get out, you're going to have to move to another room". I sensed that he was getting angry so rather than have this situation escalate, my boyfriend and I offered to clean the bath tub ourselves and have this situation be done with. Apparently, he didn't like this idea so he offered to then clean it, which he did. At this point, I was already feeling uneasy about this guy so I suggested to my boyfriend that we wait outside of the room while he "cleaned" in case he was going to get even more angry. Once he finished cleaning, he left. I was a little angry that he had treated us this way, so I closed the door a little harder than usual but not with a whole lot of force. He immediately turned around, knocked on our door and said "open the door, open the door, if you're going to slam the door, you guys need to get out and i will charge you $500 for the deposit if you damage anything" and then he left. This made me extremely scared since I had no idea what this guy was capable of. He left us alone after that, but the next morning, when we went to get the complimentary breakfast, he told us that the maid was ready to clean our room. We had no idea if anyone working there was going to mess with our belongings, so we politely declined a cleaning. The guy almost wouldn't let us decline as he asked us a few more times if we were sure. Then, the next day, after we went to check out, the guy didn't give us a receipt saying that we had checked out, etc., which I thought was pretty standard for a hotel to do. Also, he immediately went up to our room within seconds of us checking out....Super creepy. Stay away from this hotel, please please!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
bob a, Manager at Days Inn King City, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the inconvience and will try to fix any problems you stated regarding our property.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We Left San Diego at 5pm. on Sat, night with no hotel reservation. Had to drive all the way to King City after finding out there were no hotels in Santa Barbra. A late night motel clerk called ahead for us seeing we were exausted. The only room he had left was a suite for $300.00 a night he gave it to us for $89.00 and let us sleep in till 1pm. Beautiful room, great decor, excellent service. The Man who runs this hotel will take care of you. A wonderful thing to know being a woman and traveling alone with my 14yr. old daughter on a long lonely road. I highly recommend this place if you have to stay in King City!

Room Tip: One room has a jacuzzi
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
bob a, Manager at Days Inn King City, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your business. Hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and bedding comfortable. The price was very reasonable and there was a few things to choose from for breakfast, though I opted for the Denny's just around the block. About what you may expect, but for the location and price, it was a pretty good choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback, and appreciate your business. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

From the moment I walked into the lobby to check in everyone I encountered was very friendly.
The king sized bed was so comfortable the next morning I tried to find out what kind it was to purchase something like it. Breakfast was a nice surprise with the Belgian waffle maker. Very nice find for a nights stay after work on my way to visit our daughter at UCSB. Would certainly repeat again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SantaRosaCAKim

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your business and hope see you again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

We travel between the Bay Area and southern California a few times each year, and prefer to break the trip partway for rest and relaxation.

We feel fortunate to relax at the Days Inn motel in King City. Rooms are comfortable, reasonably spacious and well-maintained. We make use of the broad band wi-fi and they also have Ethernet cable connections in each room; a real plus when using Skype or other streaming video.

Breakfast is included, which is very convenient to get back on the road in the morning. Waffles, boiled eggs, two types of fresh fruit, juice, coffee and hot water for tea are provided. Additionally, bread for toast and fresh danish rolls are served. Cold cereal and fresh milk are offered.

We recommend this hotel as clean, comfortable and hospitable; great value for the price.

Don't miss the great Mexican food available downtown; we love the Sinaloa Restaurant.

Room Tip: Rooms with kitchenette are available for an additional fee.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

We were headed up to San Francisco and wanted needed to stop 2 hours outside of our destination. Days Inn manager Bob Ahir was very friendly, showed us pour room before we booked and it was very clean, comfortable beds, and free breakfast!! I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to save money travelling up the 101!

Room Tip: We only needed it for one night, but the room was great and the hotel was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
bob a, Manager at Days Inn King City, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

stayed here 1 night and that was enough. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was the smallest i've seen (just bigger then airplane restroom) ceiling was leaking from shower upstairs. Wifi didn't work. Breakfast area was small and little choice so didn't bother with it. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry the inconvience. We will make sure to fix the problem in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near King City
#2 of 2 in Soledad
No photo provided
Fireside Inn
#1 of 1 in King City

Been to Days Inn King City? Share your experiences!