“Not bad for a small aquarium.”

Noboribetsu Marine Park Nixe
Ranked #6 of 45 things to do in Noboribetsu
Reviewed August 5, 2012

While it isn't a Sea World type marine park, what it lacks in grand commercialism it makes up for with loads of charm. An emphasis on rare, interesting fish coupled with some cute staples (dolphins , sea lions) makes it a fun day out. Particularly heart stopping is the long escalator ride above a giant shark tank, almost unbelievable due to the lack of safety barriers. One slip and, bye! Shark bait.

1  Thank Sarah R

Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

It's really a small aquarium and nothing much to see. If you have been to other marine parks, then this place will not appeal to you. The place is pretty deserted as well as I don't see many people around.

1  Thank alanyeo76
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Freezing cold as it was a windy day. Really enjoyed the penguin march as it wasn't crowded (unlike the Asahikawa zoo!!). The park is quite small and entrance fee is quite expensive. We took the taxi to and from our onsen resort so the visit was extra costly for us.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

We hadn't intended to go to the Marine Park, but the Bear Park was closed that day and it was raining so we decided, why not?

The park is pretty small but that makes it easier to get around and also made the trip seem a little more cosy. It rained that day and was dreadfully cold, but most of the shows were held indoors so chilly weather wasn't much of a problem. The penguin parade was the highlight for me. Watching the cute penguins walk in front of me was truly a delight. The dolphin show and the sea lion show were very enjoyable as well.

Although I enjoyed the Marine Park, I probably wouldn't visit it again unless I went with people who had never been there before. So if it's your first time, I would recommend that you give it a visit.

1  Thank genanyr
Reviewed September 5, 2010

A theme park focusing on the marine life. The beautiful Nixe Castle housed a huge 4-storey aquarium which include a long Aqua Tunnel. The dolphin and sea lion shows are nice. Also interesting is the parade at Nixe Square where penguins walk past you in close proximity

1  Thank tcss007