Lowest prices for your stay
$866
Free cancellation until 11/06/21
CheapTickets$866
Orbitz.com$866
Priceline$699
All reviews beach restaurant otres beach hotel is lovely the general manager sihanoukville airport wonderful stay stayed here for one night rooms are large private beach great pool cambodia construction bugs boat
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at the NAIA for 2 nights in November. Room was OK but you could tell that the linen and towels need some refreshing (off white looking instead of bright white as pictured). One of my towels had a mysterious stain. Tap water was discolored so brushed my teeth with bottles water.

I had a garden facing room which was pretty. The pool is beautiful. The beach is a couple of paces across the narrow dirt strip. Bar on the beach was convenient.

The staff keep their part of the beach clean. As you walk further down the beach though, you will see a lot of litter and some waste water running into the ocean. Also saw two stray/ wondering dogs on the beach... even though they were not menacing, I don’t like having stray dogs come up to me.

Staff were just ok compared to the outstanding service I got in Siem Reap. This hotel was really pricey compared to what you can get for your money in Siem Reap.

As many reviewers have already mentioned, Sihanoukville is undergoing a lot of change and development. Cranes and scaffolding everywhere. Roads are dilapidated because of all the heavy construction vehicles. Street lights are nonexistent at night in the surrounding area.

If you have to go to Sihanoukville then this hotel is probably one of the better ones. But I’d recommend giving the whole town a skip at least for the next couple years.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank ChrissyDiscovers
StuartJohnstonegm123, General Manager at Naia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2019

Dear LuckyChrissy

Thank you for your review - much appreciated - and I apologize for the linens - which have all been refreshed - and a new filtration system for the water has been installed - so again sorry for these issues

We appreciate your comments and fully understand that at present Sihanoukville is going through rapid changes - and the roads extra are bad - but we are still managing to keep our area at Otres as unchanged as much as possible - for how long we do not know!

We hope you enjoyed the rest of the country - and again thank you for your review
Regards

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Ok- this is a hard one to write. Arrived here on last leg of trip. We didn’t know whether to laugh or cry on way from airport as we lurched over mud filled potholes and evaded concrete mixers and delivery lorries. Thankfully, the Naia is an oasis. Warm welcome from the lovely staff with cool cloths and delicious welcome drink. It is a beach hotel so not the same as some of the opulence we have experienced elsewhere in Cambodia. But it has got a lovely vibe and the pool is fantastic.We loved having a balcony and the room was well equipped.
Breakfast really excellent. So good not to be faced with tureen after tureen of pork,chicken, noodles etc. If you want that then everything is cooked to order. Recommend the Bircher Muesli!
Stuart, the manager, is doing a great job trying to keep the hotel apart from the surrounding g chaos. He is friendly and helpful. I saw staff attending a training session and lots of paint touch up/ cleaning going on. The pool area was spotless.
The issue is the beach- so gorgeous to swim in warm seas and the sunset worth travelling here for but it is disgusting- the rubbish washed down from the Mekong is unbelievable. A lot of the little bars have been demolished- bought up by Chinese who are behind the building work- and I feel so sad that this beautiful Cambodian treasure is being destroyed.
The last straw for me was that on both nights we saw huge rats running about the beach area.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
StuartJohnstonegm123, General Manager at Naia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Dear XenaW_12

Thank you for your review - much appreciated - and we are very pleased you enjoyed your time at the hotel - I will pass on your comments to all staff
We are very sorry about the rest of the town - as you can see the area is defiantly a work in progress - and we try our best at our end to keep the area as clean as possible - but the world just dumps it rubbish - and yes we do get a lot of rubbish going down the Mekong out to the SCS - and then the currents sweep it our way - so we are forever trying to keep the beaches clean.

Once again thank you for your review - and despite the building works we hope you enjoyed the rest of the country

Reviewed May 17, 2019

Stayed for 3 nights and feel like never been rested, so calm and relaxing , the staff are great, the ambiance, the deco, amazing food and to add in the serenity of the beach , its just FANTASTIQUE ... merci

Room tip: room that facing the beach is excellent with balcony and a higher level
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank wonderp11
StuartJohnstonegm123, General Manager at Naia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2019

Dear wonderp11

Thank you for your review - and we are very pleased you enjoyed your time at Naia - and got some well earned rest and relaxation

We hope the rest of your journey was good - and I will pass on your comments to all staff

Reviewed May 16, 2019

The very approach to this property is a let down. There's a big dump just on the opposite side of the main entrance, and it is far from pleasing. The check-in process is very slow and can have mistakes which one has to look for carefully.Roooms are basic, and could do with some more lights. The ocean view rooms were a nightmare - we had to change two rooms because the airconditioning just did not work. The maintenance staff kept agruing that eveything will be cold in just fifteen miniutes. A ridiculuos argument because the machines just did not work and need serious service. One thing that peeeved everyone of us was there was no one from the higher managerial level to have a word with - unbelieveable!! However, the restaurant food was good and the staff was polite. This is a property which is not looked after responsibly and perhaps with a tad complacent attitude.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
StuartJohnstonegm123, General Manager at Naia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Dear ddb2426

Thank you for your review - much appreciated - and sorry about your issues - please accept my apologies

In regards to the rubbish - we try our best to manage rubbish in a city that is lacking in any kind of basic services - yet we try our best

In regards to the ac - again apologies about this - and we are in the process of changing these AC

Unfortunately during your stay I was off work - due to house moving - and my FOM was in chare so will discuss with him your issues - however when I am at work I am there from breakfast until evenings and take the management of the hotel seriously
I did not recieve any news that a guest was unhappy and wished to speak with hotel management - and not sure if you came to the desk to ask
As per your comments on the hotel not being looked after properly complacent attitudes - this I can asure you the hotel is run profesionally -with a high standard of cleanliness - which past testimonials have stated
Once again thank you for your review and we are sorry you did not enjoy your stay
Regards

Reviewed May 16, 2019

The Naia resort is nice - probably REALLY nice comparing it to the surrounding options. Perhaps it is the season, but it wasn't very busy. The rooms are average, but the breakfast was amazing! The pool was nice, but I didn't use it as it way raining.

You should know the surrounding area isn't very nice - very muddy and lots of construction going on - didn't leave the area. I was traveling alone and didn't feel like it seemed like a place to just walk around.

I had a room that was closest to the main road and it was quite loud. The air conditioner in my room made a very loud noise when running, so I had to just use the fan.

Allot enough time when checking out - It took the reception area 20 minutes to prepare my bill. I had a taxi waiting and was trying to get to the airport. Perhaps this was a glitch, but I would give yourself 20-30 minutes when trying to leave.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Lindsey R

Dear Lindsey R

Thank you for your review - much appreciated - and I will pass on your comments to all staff

Sorry about your issues in the room and front desk and will discuss with the department heads

Sorry about the surrounding areas - however the area is very safe to walk around at night - but fully understand where you are coming from

Again thank you for your review and we hope you enjoyed the rest of the country