All reviews beach restaurant otres beach beach vendors separate toilet offering massages i highly recommend this hotel the general manager otres ii seafood bbq welcome drink hotel is lovely hotel owner other hotels sea view room beach front fresh fruit secret garden
Selected filters
Reviewed May 16, 2019

The very approach to this property is a let down. There's a big dump just on the opposite side of the main entrance, and it is far from pleasing. The check-in process is very slow and can have mistakes which one has to look for carefully.Roooms are basic, and could do with some more lights. The ocean view rooms were a nightmare - we had to change two rooms because the airconditioning just did not work. The maintenance staff kept agruing that eveything will be cold in just fifteen miniutes. A ridiculuos argument because the machines just did not work and need serious service. One thing that peeeved everyone of us was there was no one from the higher managerial level to have a word with - unbelieveable!! However, the restaurant food was good and the staff was polite. This is a property which is not looked after responsibly and perhaps with a tad complacent attitude.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
StuartJohnstonegm123, General Manager at Naia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Dear ddb2426

Thank you for your review - much appreciated - and sorry about your issues - please accept my apologies

In regards to the rubbish - we try our best to manage rubbish in a city that is lacking in any kind of basic services - yet we try our best

In regards to the ac - again apologies about this - and we are in the process of changing these AC

Unfortunately during your stay I was off work - due to house moving - and my FOM was in chare so will discuss with him your issues - however when I am at work I am there from breakfast until evenings and take the management of the hotel seriously
I did not recieve any news that a guest was unhappy and wished to speak with hotel management - and not sure if you came to the desk to ask
As per your comments on the hotel not being looked after properly complacent attitudes - this I can asure you the hotel is run profesionally -with a high standard of cleanliness - which past testimonials have stated
Once again thank you for your review and we are sorry you did not enjoy your stay
Regards

Reviewed May 16, 2019

The Naia resort is nice - probably REALLY nice comparing it to the surrounding options. Perhaps it is the season, but it wasn't very busy. The rooms are average, but the breakfast was amazing! The pool was nice, but I didn't use it as it way raining.

You should know the surrounding area isn't very nice - very muddy and lots of construction going on - didn't leave the area. I was traveling alone and didn't feel like it seemed like a place to just walk around.

I had a room that was closest to the main road and it was quite loud. The air conditioner in my room made a very loud noise when running, so I had to just use the fan.

Allot enough time when checking out - It took the reception area 20 minutes to prepare my bill. I had a taxi waiting and was trying to get to the airport. Perhaps this was a glitch, but I would give yourself 20-30 minutes when trying to leave.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Lindsey R

Thank you for your review - much appreciated - and I will pass on your comments to all staff

Sorry about your issues in the room and front desk and will discuss with the department heads

Sorry about the surrounding areas - however the area is very safe to walk around at night - but fully understand where you are coming from

Again thank you for your review and we hope you enjoyed the rest of the country

Best Regards

Reviewed May 8, 2019

Yes, Sihanoukville has changed tremendously in recent times.

However, Naia is a slice of Old Sihanoukville as it was a decade ago, with a quiet stretch of beach, Cambodian ladies walking past offering everything from grilled seafood to beach massages.

There are a few restaurants on-site which fortunately are very good. Enjoyed a falling-off-the-bone tender portion of BBQ ribs one evening, washed down with ice cold local beer. The included breakfast is also very good, with a cold buffet to go along with hot a la carte items. There are a cluster of restaurants close by as well, both local and attached to resorts.

Rooms are clean and comfortable with great water pressure. Especially if you're flying out of Sihanoukville Airport, Naia is a great place to experience the beaches of southern Cambodia.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank jt10s

Dear jt10s

Thank you for your review - very much appreciated
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Naia - and I will pass on your comments to all staff
Very pleased you enjoyed the food and beverages as well as the rooms - and yes Sihanoukville has changed so much - but Otres still has some charm left - I came first to Otres in 1996 - so full understand what you saw a decade ago

Once again thank you

Best regards

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful architecturally designed hotel.
Lovely staff.
Clean. On beach has nice pool.
Unfortunately the other cheaply constructed hotels built by the Chinese spoil the area surrounding it.
Gambling big time with lots of Chinese casinos. Do not like casinos.
10 years ago area would have been beautiful.
Sea full of plastic rubbish and could not swim in the sea. Area dirty in the town.
It is a shame as this lovely classy hotel is surrounded by others not up to its standards.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

I had booked to stay at Naia Resort as a springboard to and from what was meant to be a 2 night stay on Koh Rong.
The bumpy taxi journey there, on awful roads, is not the fault of the hotel....however!!!!...
Check in was fine, with a cold drink and fresh fruit in our room.I
It was the bathroom that really put me off.The trendy sloping sink had a thick line of black and green gunk on the grout.
Hoping that this was just staiming on old grout, I rubbed a cotton bud along it...and yeuk..it all came off !!
The beach is beautiful and clean, and our bbq dinner was ok.
Breakfast was a big disappointment.The fresh fruit was warm and not very fresh looking.The selection was the poorest of the 7 hotels that we stayed in...you get one choice of the menu...and pay extra for chilled coffee....free in every other resort we stayed at.
We also had a little lizard in our room, nibbling the fruit.
I have nothing against little lizards but didn't want him running around our bedroom walls all night.
Someone came with a big net to remove him....and then killed him!! I felt so guilty....
Anyway, the guy on checkout in the morning was truly lovely, and the reason that I give 2 stars and not 1 .
We were booked to return nut ended up losing our money and paying for an extra night on Koh Rong.
I feel very sad for the area as it is being totally taken over by enormous Chinese casinos.
I feel really sorry for the locals; and those who work in the hotels as this potentially beautiful place is drowning in foreign development

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
StuartJohnstonegm123, General Manager at Naia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Dear vgawn

Thank you for your review - and i am sorry you did not enjoy Naia - and will discuss with all departments - and apologize for your stay - please feel free to contact on the hotels email (sorry cannot put on here- and happy to discuss your stay)
Regards