All reviews dome room hard drive lazy beach the open air shower dome shaped round room saracen bay complimentary breakfast your luggage breakfast and dinner days stay koh rong samloem few issues beef lok lak deluxe room sand flies big bed
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

The island is so wonderful,it's a shame the resort got me eager to leave it.
Pros:
Friendly staff
Nice outdoor facilities
Beautiful rooms
Cons:
Ridiculous waiting time at the restaurant (though they have a full kitchen team) : 15 minutes to get the menu, 1 full hour to get our meal (which come up coldish but you don't dare returning it by fear of waiting another hour),20 minutes to get the drinks you ordered at the beach when dehydrated.
No vegan option AT ALL for breakfast, but fruits. Even bread has milk and eggs.
After I talked about it to the Mgr, I hoped they would have prepared a little sth for me the next morning, but no! No damn given at all!!! I cried at the table, they didn't care.
For dîner, I ordered a vegetable tempura, got springrolls instead. I ate it, laughing about it. So the next day I ordered vegetables tempura again, but all the bites were cauliflower, with a mayo dip (which I don't eat coz eggs). I ate them without dip but halfway through the plate I asked for some sriracha coz cauliflower is probably the stalest vegetable on earth.
Ordered a pizza with "coriander, chilli cherry tomatoes", well I got exactly that : no (tomato) base at all. Just a stale thin crust. Coriander was cut up so thinly I couldn't taste it, the chili oil was odd overall but at least it brought some class of flavor.
I asked for a juice, I was assured there would be nothing but fruit in it, guess what? It had milk!!!
Deluxe rooms were dirty : dirty sheets and towels.
The floor was wavy due to some major humidity issue.

3  Thank Dinah B
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend has just spent 4 days,5 nights in this amazing place,in the best part of the island.
Right in front of the bay,very peaceful and relaxing. You have great confort and delicious food,the restaurant is really tasteful.
They have also a massage place and the english girl is really powerfull.
Staff is friendly and funny.

Reviewed March 5, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the resort for three nights, arriving after dark the first day and leaving first thing after our final night. The hotel arranged our taxi from the airport and our boat transfer and collected us from the pier when we arrived on the island and arranged our transfer back to the pier at the end of our trip. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with a fruit platter and a cold drink which was a nice touch. Our room was clean and we enjoyed the dome concept (although I woke up a bit early as a result with the natural light) and we were right on the beach. There were a few issues with spiders / gheckos in the room but to be expected. The hotel provided fresh beach towels, bath towels and bottled water each day which was appreciated. There was plenty of choice for sunbathing in the day, with lots of sun beds (including two just for us next to our dome) and shady options. The restaurant was limited with vegetarian options and when I ordered a veggie breakfast (cheese and tomato omelette) this came with a side of bacon and ham although it wasn’t specified on the menu so worth always clarifying vegetarian - the downside of this was my partner’s full English breakfast also coming without the meat! Although easily rectified. The food is on the pricey side but there are other restaurants along the beach to choose from if preferred. Surprisingly the pizza was excellent. The service is more typically Cambodian than we might have expected for the price - e.g. drinks not arriving until we had nearly finished our starters, mains arriving before we’ve finished our starters, meals coming at different times - we were used to it by then so this wasn’t a huge issue but might have expected a slicker service given the price. Flexibility of timings for food throughout the day was appreciated (ie not restricted to a slot for lunch). Overall slightly on the pricey side for the service but can’t fault the views and we had a lovely time.

Reviewed March 3, 2019

1st things first, the concept of the open to sky dome is worth a try!
We went during the time when the sky was clear so we could see the stars sleeping on our bed! it is located right at the beach so it adds to the beauty of the place as well.
As we are vegetarians (no meat or eggs or fish sauce), it was a bit difficult to find food options but yes the breakfast we used to get in the resort was perfect to fill our tummies.
The hospitality of Cambodian people took our hearts. We had lost our baggage and the staff was so kind to get it for us to the resort (of course we had to pay a little amount, but it was worth the time and amount that we would have had to pay if we went back from the island to the city and back and also we wouldn't have been able to enjoy that time at the beach!).
The kindness of the people in the resort, the view, the room and the food everything was worth the price.

Also because it is on the beach and the island is mostly forest area there are a lot of insects around. Make sure you have repellents with you so that if you sit in the open for your food you don't get kissed by the mosquitoes.

we definitely look forward to stay there next time we travel!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

We all got dome villas over Christmas break thinking it’ll be a cool concept. However, if you are expecting to look up at the stars at night, I’ll let you know right now that that is false advertising. The light in the morning, however, is a very good alarm clock.

Service was not good. Mostly attributed to language barriers and likely lack of training. Lots of bugs during breakfast and dinner. Be careful about the trips you book through the hotel. It’s not actually through the hotel and cash only. On that subject, there is not a lot to do in this respect so I would not recommend any more than 2 or 3 nights.

If you’re looking for luxury, you’re in the wrong part of SE Asia. Think more back to basics/back-packers. The islands around are even more so.

All this said, it was still a decent stay and overall a fun trip. Just manage your expectations. Oh, it is strongly recommended to make the LONG hike to the small beach on the other side of the island and catch a sunset there. Make sure your phone is charged up before hand for the flashlight.

Date of stay: December 2018