All reviews sunset restaurant main building private beach jackie kennedy glass elevator tuk tuk free shuttle infinity pool shower curtain ping pong sihanoukville town golf buggy sea view phnom penh relaxing stay clean beach welcome drink
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Lovely room in new buildings. The original hotel is a fairly tasteless 60s block but the new buildings are beautifully positioned in the wonderful extensive grounds bordering the rocky coast. Quiet and comfortable with sounds of cicadas and the sea. Sunset restaurant should be great but lacked any atmosphere in the rainy season. The same applies to the bar and main restaurant. Beach small and beach furniture a little shabby. Food only average. Jouvence Spa interesting if you are used to western treatments. Efficient tuk tuk shuttle into Sihanoukville. Recommend eating at New Sea View Villa by Serendipity beach. Superb cuisine moderately priced.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Janett64
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed in the new wing which was great. Very spacious with lovely sea views over the garden. The small private beach is beautiful and offers the best and cleanest swimming spot I could see in Sihanoukville. There's also a lovely bar/restaurant overlooking the beach and a short walk some local beach cafes. Service was excellent! I was greated by name before even introducing myself! The hotel offers shuttles into town which I used every afternoon and evening. Incredibly relaxing stay. Would love to return to Sihanoukville and would definitely stay at the Indenpedence Hotel again!

Room Tip: Definitely book in the new villas
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Brett C
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Good, better than average 4 star hotel. Definitely the best in Sihanouk Ville. I stay here whenever my home is without electricity and am never disappointed. I am a Sihanouk Resident so I have tried all the hotels in the area and this one comes out on top.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank UndaCovaElefant
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We were very impressed by the hotel and it's amenities, the private beach in particular. It was an absolute pleasure to gain some respite from the street life of Siem Reap and Phnom Penh and away from the main tourist beaches. If you want to sample Cambodian family oriented beach life and good food it's only a short stroll up the beach, not that the food and service at the hotel is'nt great! We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms away from the main building and apart from a couple of very minor faults with globes, found the rooms to be very spacious and comfortable and surrounded by the beautiful grounds. The sunsets can be spectacular! Thoroughly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ian299
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We spent three days in this old hotel that has been retrofitted with some newer appliances. The rooms were quite nice but the sea view is only possible from the top floor due to the big trees. However, I like trees so that isn't a negative thing for me. The television was undersized unless they were trying to keep the sixties theme in the room. We went out the first morning to find men's underpants on hangers all along the public balcony railing. The swimming pool was stagnant and about the same temperature as the air. I felt like I was in a big square bowl of soup. The private beach is a huge plus and the grounds are to die for. The breakfast was quite nice.
Truthfully, I think the Ministry of Tourism has been generous with the stars.

Room Tip: Top floor has sea view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends