Independence Hotel, Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Fortuna Casino & Hotel(Sihanoukville)
View Hotel
Queenco Hotel & Casino(Sihanoukville)
Sokha Beach Resort(Sihanoukville)
Villa Zentao(Sihanoukville)
Stone Boutique Hotel(Sihanoukville)
View Hotel
All reviewsmain buildingsunset restaurantprivate beachjackie kennedyglass elevatortuk tukfree shuttletable tennisinfinity poolshower curtainbreakfast buffet issea viewphnom penhbeach barlarge poolclean beachbeach towels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed in the new wing which was great. Very spacious with lovely sea views over the garden. The small private beach is beautiful and offers the best and cleanest swimming spot I could see in Sihanoukville. There's also a lovely bar/restaurant overlooking the beach and a short walk some local beach cafes. Service was excellent! I was greated by name before even introducing myself! The hotel offers shuttles into town which I used every afternoon and evening. Incredibly relaxing stay. Would love to return to Sihanoukville and would definitely stay at the Indenpedence Hotel again!

Room Tip: Definitely book in the new villas
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Brett C
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Good, better than average 4 star hotel. Definitely the best in Sihanouk Ville. I stay here whenever my home is without electricity and am never disappointed. I am a Sihanouk Resident so I have tried all the hotels in the area and this one comes out on top.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank UndaCovaElefant
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We were very impressed by the hotel and it's amenities, the private beach in particular. It was an absolute pleasure to gain some respite from the street life of Siem Reap and Phnom Penh and away from the main tourist beaches. If you want to sample Cambodian family oriented beach life and good food it's only a short stroll up the beach, not that the food and service at the hotel is'nt great! We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms away from the main building and apart from a couple of very minor faults with globes, found the rooms to be very spacious and comfortable and surrounded by the beautiful grounds. The sunsets can be spectacular! Thoroughly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ian299
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We spent three days in this old hotel that has been retrofitted with some newer appliances. The rooms were quite nice but the sea view is only possible from the top floor due to the big trees. However, I like trees so that isn't a negative thing for me. The television was undersized unless they were trying to keep the sixties theme in the room. We went out the first morning to find men's underpants on hangers all along the public balcony railing. The swimming pool was stagnant and about the same temperature as the air. I felt like I was in a big square bowl of soup. The private beach is a huge plus and the grounds are to die for. The breakfast was quite nice.
Truthfully, I think the Ministry of Tourism has been generous with the stars.

Room Tip: Top floor has sea view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank davidasia
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Our first time to Independance Hotel is very enjoyable. There are many ways to enjoy this hotel: beautiful private beach with soft white sand (little wawes, great warm water in mid-April), great swimming pool with separate section for little kids, spa, gym, long scenic walk by the sea, magnificient big trees surround the hotel and bungalows, excellent buffet at breakfast. The staff is very welcoming and make you feel important. As soon as we arrived they offered us wet towels to wipe ourselves followed by a fresh orange juice and believe us, with the heat in that country, we really needed it. Tuk-tuk is always available in front of the hotel.
Security is great as we went out to a club one night and came back to the hotel at 2 am to see at least 3 security gards well alert and that made us feel really secure that early in the morning.
We had a big modern room in the bungalow area near the beach. The washroom had bathtub and shower separatly and ceiling with skylight (amazing). There is an area at the beach where you can do some fishing and if you are lucky enough to catch a good size fish, the cook at the kitchen will be glad to cook it for you ( well that is service ).
We will come back with our daughter who would enjoy observing the nature from sea (crabs and fish are observable from the bridge) and land (birds, many many monkeys, many plants, trees).
Enjoy your holidays at the Independance in Cambodia!

Room Tip: Go to a bungalow if you like long walks, be close to nature. Choose the hotel section at the highest floor if you like sea view and don`t want to walk much. You are then centrally located to all services.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple