All reviews our ground floor room stayed in a junior suite tuk tuk huge bed lovely shower lounge area rooms are large sun loungers stayed here for nights great pool otres beach cambodia pumpkin sand development amok
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

It used to be a great hotel. We were very disappointed. No towels most of the days of our stay, very bad to mostly none internet, very low water pressure and sometimes even no water out of bathroom tap. Breakfast was really terrible, too. The breakfast room was far too hot. Tables didn‘t get cleaned, china was never there and the food was, well let‘s say eatable. On our last day most of the staff resigned. The hotel is now chinese owned!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Úna C
Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

I was a bit concerned after reading some reviews on here,I’ve found the general condition grand,yes little things could be done.Room is big,as is the bathroom.Saying that our shower continues to run after it’s been turned off,we were told it would be repaired today and if not we would get another room.We had to ask reception why isn’t shower repaired and were informed can’t get the shower here,offered us a ground floor room which you couldn’t take due to the noise level,and that’s the main problem at this hotel,as the majority of guests are Chinese who are loud and obnoxious and think they are better than everyone else.Staff basically allow them to be as loud as they want.
Breakfast is grand if your only staying a few days

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank michaeldJ1515VQ
Reviewed November 22, 2018 via mobile

I would like to thank the staff of Mary hotel for their invaluable help. I was left with no accommodation (the hotel I was booked at decided they would just not honor my low rate booking during a public holiday and just resold my room). Kha, Rith and Reaksmey went out of their way to help me, even though the hotel was fully booked and I had no reservations with them. They assisted me along the way and finally helped me to get a taxi to the airport. Being a woman traveling alone I can't thank them enough for their empathy. The hotel is lucky to have them representing it.
This also gave me the opportunity to see the surroundings which are great and their side of the beach is clean and quiet. If I was to come back I would definitely book here.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Pau_ar
Reviewed November 22, 2018 via mobile

We decided to return to Mary after a two year absence and I wished we had looked for another hotel instead.

We are already aware that the area was under a lot of new development from outside sources, but didn't realise that the existing hotel was in need of decorating, especially the rooms and we had to ask for another room straight away due to being given a room that had not been cleaned to begin with. The alternative room was not much better. Surely with new competition on the horizon you would think even a lick of paint would help! Taps, toilet seats and tiles all in need of replacing, forgetting to come and clean the room (sign on door clearly for staff to see) and with the restaurant closed for some reason which the hotel failed to mention! Only a limited poorly provided breakfast was offered. And lastly, the air con was on its last legs and I was tempted to call for the priest on our way out.

Having said all that, the staff were all very friendly and helped the best they could to try and make our stay better than it could of been. The beach was as beautiful as ever, especially the sunset. Sadly, unless Mary pulls up their socks, it could be end days for them once the new hotels are finished in the area.

The area itself is still relatively quiet compared to other areas of Sihanoukville and certainly still worth visiting. But please do your research before booking a hotel there.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2018

we got first floor room where the the hole wall was covered with fungus and smelled accordingly. wc was out of the order and water licked to the bathroom. we think it is ridiculous to sell such rooms.
also, hotel kitchen was not working due to renovations. beach is dirty. so basically it is not what are shown on hotel pages in pictures in booking and other websites, total misunderstanding.
hotel is far from city and situated in concrete area with nothing to do and nowhere to go, just concrete road with hotels one by one.
at the same time cheff from kitchen prepared us nice lunch even so they had no kitchen due to renovations.
so, it is very mixed experience.
high price for the room and hotel of such type and dirty beach where you can not swim because it is full of plastic and other garbage.
we chose this hotel becaus of its name Mary, nice word.
but want to tell that unlikely we return back ever.
may be when cambodians clean the waters and clean the environment because it is full of garbage.

Date of stay: May 2018