“Best place in Sihanoukville by a country mile!!!”
Review of Sea View Villa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sihanoukville
Sea View Villa
Ranked #28 of 74 Hotels in Sihanoukville
Alexandria
“Best place in Sihanoukville by a country mile!!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Originally planned 2 nights here but that turned into 5 although we would have stayed longer if it wasn't eating into our Vietnam time. We done loads of reading and research for hotels and guest houses here and stumbled across Sea View Villa on trip advisor. The thing that caught our attention was the very high praise for the chocolate brownies on a earlier review followed by the good comments left about the place. We arrived about 7 at night and were given a fan room on the 3rd floor for $12 which was spotless. We were desperate to try the brownies so we enjoyed a beautiful meal followed by the best brownies we have ever tasted (my mouth is watering whilst typing this). The staff are a great help and are always available for any queries you have. Massage service is also available. The beach is a stones throw away and bars and restaurants are a short walk up the hill. Free wifi is a bonus and internet cafe and motorbike hire is next door. Budget traveller or holiday getaway this is the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drewbo9

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2009

i intended to stay here for several nights but i left after one sleepless night. nearby bars on serendity beach kept me up all night - the music stopped at 6am! the villa is great and so are the staff and restaurant - shame about the noise.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Quatam
Argentina
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and I enjoyed every minute of it. This was a treat to myself after 2 months sleeping in extremely cheap hotels.
The rooms are very nice and clean, and some of them with AC and/or tv. The bathroom with hot water (if you need it).
The owners are very nice and helpful.
WiFi is also available nearly in all the hotel for free.
The hotel is in a great location, only 1 block from the beach (where you will be able to find a lot of restaurants) and the same distance to a street with a lot of places to eat.
The restaurant at the hotel, although a little bit expensive for a backpacker, got excellent non asian dishes, which is a relief after weeks/months of Asian food. The desserts are AMAZING! and they got Argentinean wine ;-)

Mat_el_viajero

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Mat_el_viajero
leeds
Reviewed July 7, 2009

if your thinking of going to Sihanoukville this is definitely where you should stay. the staff are more then helpful, the rooms are modern, spacious and clean and the location is perfect, just off the main road its quiet but accessible with the sea only a stones throw away.
the restaurant is more expensive than other places but the foods good. if you go (even if you don't stay in here) you have to try the brownies, they are literally the BEST in the world!!
thanks for an enjoyable week

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I stayed here initially for 2 nights but extended my stay to 4 nights. I booked a fan room on the third floor for $12/night and it was perfect. The shower was hot, the room was clean and the staff were outstanding. Leanne, one of the owners, was helpful in providing ideas on what to do - and the bar and front desk staff were incredible. The Khmer man at the front desk was outstanding (sorry, did not get his name)! He arranged airport pick up for me in Phnom Penh ($40) and then also arranged for my pick up from bus station in Siem Reap (by tuk tuk) when I arrived there.
The location is also good. There is some construction two doors up (but only during day) and the tuk tuks do hang out outside the door (but I was never harassed by them). The beach is a mere 20m away and the internet cafe is about 5m from the front entrance.
I also loved the restaurant but will review that separately.
I would go back and would definitely recommend to my friends.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank lmlmlm
uk
Reviewed March 28, 2009

We stayed at new sea view villa originally for 3 nights from the 2nd march 09. First we booked an air con room on the middle floor by reception at $25, in a very light room with nice paintings and decorations. There was a pool table right in reception which by boyfriend loved, and they also gave us room service when i was sick at the standard menu prices. Food was all great, and although not tradiional asian, it was really great to have safe european food,especially after i'd had a couple of slightly dodgy food experiences before....and...especially the duck, and the banoffe pie on the dessert menu!! After our 3 days we stayed on lazy beach for 2 nighs.....which was also fantastic!!!!! Then we were due to head back up to phnom penh but decided to stay a couple of extra days. This time we moved into a double fan room on the top floor which was an absolute bargain at $15, hot water, real beds,and breezy enough that the aircon really wans't necessary.
I tried out the massage this time, which i regretted not trying before as it was a lot better than the ones i'd had on the beach, and my boyfriend played some more pool, and made use,(possibly overuse ;) ) of the free wi-fi.
All in all our whole experience of seaview and serendipity beach was very good, the beach can be a little manic in the day times with kids selling fruit etc, but was well worth staying in this area over others for the easy access to restaurants/beach/atm/and night life if wanted.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travellingpiskie
Perros-Guirec, France
Reviewed March 19, 2009

When i arrive there, i was very enjoy.
Everything was so nice especially the
staff. After the lunch dinner (ok but expensive)
i pay the lunch and i speak a lot with the staff.
When i come back in my room, i check and
i fell is missing 10$.
The next day i take a breakfast and when i paid
with 20$ , we speak nice and i give me back 4$.
i said him i pay you with 20$, and he smile me, said
me sorry and give me back 10$.
The next day i pay all my bill the morning with 50$.
We speak nice and he give me back my money.
10 $ was missing again ... I ask him, he smile me
say me sorry and give me back my money.
I check out this day.
two days later a traveller from Suedish speak me about
a good restaurant in Downtown the Small Green Gecko.
I go there the food was good and the service too but when i paid,
with 50$ a bill of 7.5$, the boy at the reception, after a few minute
of conversation give me back 12.50$. I explain me i paid with 50$
he give me back 20$ and he ask me for tip.
Conclusion when the staff is very nice with you in Cambodia, careful
about your money.