“Mmm...?”
Review of The New Coasters

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sihanoukville
The New Coasters
Ranked #64 of 74 Hotels in Sihanoukville
Reviewed January 5, 2014

It's really hard to say its good when you book a top floor room and get the one on the lowest level where you can't see anything from your balcony instead of a "sea view", especially after paying 30$.
Rooms are big, got the tents so you can avoid the mosquitos, however everything else in room is like from the 90s. Tv, bathroom, door itself, cabinet etc.
Just stayed for one night so was ok, however wouldn't be a smart choice to book for extra nights due to the sound from the clubs on the beaches. Only good thing would be that it's close to the beach, which can be really dirty...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Just in Sihanoukville for 1 night so we didn't bother looking around for a nice spot. The beach is dirty, loud and not great for swimming. We had a $15 room booked and when we got there (at 2 pm) they said they'd given our room away because we "hadn't checked in yet." Check out was just at noon! So they tried to tell us that they only had a $25 room, and then, "oh ok, only a $20 room." Finally, we got them to give us the room for $15 like we had reserved but it was frustrating to have to argue with them. The room itself was hot, dark and dirty.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jessiemorrison
Reviewed February 12, 2013

They were advertising seafood pasta and a glass of wine for $5, so I went in for lunch. The service was very slow - I probably waited over 40 minutes for the pasta - but the pasta was very good, so it was worth the wait. Nice views of Serendipity Beach.

I'm very glad I didn't stay at this hotel though. The bathroom was atrocious, and it had a shower in it, so I'm guessing this is where guests are meant to wash up. Absolutely filthy bathroom, mud and dirty everywhere, mold on the walls, filthy towel meant for drying your hands (I used toilet paper), overflowing trash bin. Just gross.

Great place to eat, but I'd never sleep there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sevarem
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay! After being double booked at another hotel, we went to this one recommended by our driver. Got an aircon room the first night for $25 was a good room! 2 beds, olden style but comfortable. The second and third night we moved to a fan only room for $15. Bit smaller. The bathroom flooded when you had a shower but apart from that it was ok.

The food and drinks are great! And best bit is that it is on the beach, but it's otherside of the pier and the beggers and locals don't go that way much. But your also about 100m to all the beach bars and down the road from the others.

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

It is exactly as it sounds--a beach hotel. The beach immediately out front is rocky, but keep walking to the left. You will find excellent food and a big sandy beach there. The food at the hotel is good. The lime juice is excellent! It is quieter sleeping there than the other side of the beach, that is loud at night. It is a little rustic, but nice. The mosquito net was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Up the little hill in back are rooms with a beach view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Nice location is infont of the Serendipity Beach so you can relax at the beach any but so update with the room not nice, towel smell so bad and look so old room.

Restaurant good, owner and staff friendly

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kanhavy
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed at Coasters in 2007 and again in 2010. Although a little rustic I found the place quite good. My bed was clean, to me that was all that mattered.I did not experience any bedbugs as some have mentioned. The food from the kitchen was the best on the beach. I moved around and found their kitchen prepared the best. I found the staff very friendly and felt safe leaving my things in their safe. They help book tickets to things in the area as well and bus tickets out when you leave. To me that is a big plus. Sure the bathroom needed a little love ( I did pass that on when asked by the expat who runs the place) but to be able to walk out of my hotel and sit on the beach made it worth it. I had no problems with bugs or lizards. I stayed in both the rooms and the bungalows. I saw a few lizards in the bungalows but they didn't bother us. In many rooms all over Cambodia I experienced this. The manager is quite strict on people coming over and begging from you. If I decide to hit Cambodia again I will stay there. The beach is changing as there are many business popping up. I saw a huge difference from 07 to 10. Go visit while you can before mass tourism takes over. As for the price, you can find cheaper. However I felt safe, the staff was quite friendly and you can't beat the location.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple