It's not so bad. The service it pretty good and professional. Sokha has a really nice beach, the bay is good for swimming, the buffet in the main restaurant is quite good, there is also a beautiful restaurant on the beach, and the rooms are ok and very clean.
But the whole thing lacks atmosphere. Thr building is just terribly ugly. It would help a bit if they ripped off al the rooftiles and replaced them with something that does not look like plastic. Palmleaves would be nice.
Inside, the bar and the breakfast are awfully sad and gloomy. On some nights they try to cheer up things with a band that plays songs like Una Poloma Blanca, earsplitting loud, and false. Something like Torremolinos in the 70’s. You must be braindead to enjoy this, and, it’s true, many of the guests seem to to.
They are really fond of music in this hotel. There is horrible elevator-music not just in the elevators, but also in the garden, from boxes hidden between the plants. There is no escape.
Then they will charge you US$6 per hour for internet, and US$6.50 for a bottle of water. That borders on the criminal.
Again, it’s not a bad place to relax after a long journee trough Cambodja. But don’t stay too long.
WIllem & Merel, Netherlands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokha Beach Resort is set amidst 23.5 hectares of beautifully landscaped beachfront and garden with its own 1.5 kilometer pristine white sandy beach. Voted amongst the Best New Hotels in the World in Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's Ninth Annual Hot List 2005, this resort is certainly a top choice when vacationing in South East Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sokha Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokha Beach Hotel Sihanoukville
- Sokha Beach Sihanoukville