The entire place is run down and tacky. There is a small casino attached to the hotel and not a class act. We booked the Ocean Wing at $175- per night. Actually the room looks out across a car park. Between the car park and the outside balcony was a garden area. Full of rubbish! Cigarette butts, hundreds of used cotton buds, drink cans and bottles, paper and you name it. Filthy. There were plastic bottles on the beach which the staff could see but did nothing about. The whole place looks tired and run down. Last stay in Sihanoukville we chose the Independence. A far superior option and next time we will return there. We gave the Sokha a go but never again. I hope some new hotels will be developed and the Sokha will have to lift their game to warrant their high room rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokha Beach Resort is set amidst 23.5 hectares of beautifully landscaped beachfront and garden with its own 1.5 kilometer pristine white sandy beach. Voted amongst the Best New Hotels in the World in Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's Ninth Annual Hot List 2005, this resort is certainly a top choice when vacationing in South East Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sokha Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokha Beach Hotel Sihanoukville
- Sokha Beach Sihanoukville