We wanted to unwind our two and a half week travel around Cambodia so decided to stay at this resort for 4 nights between Christmas and New Year.
We reserved the Executive Suite in the main building for 5 of us including 3 children. We waited for an hour for our room to be ready and were pleasantly surprised that the hotel upgraded our room to the Mohori Presidential Suite which could be the best room in the hotel. The suite was located at the western end of the resort on the water, very close to the beach but far away from the main building. However this wasn’t an issue for us because the buggy was there to take us around the resort wherever and whenever. We did not use the two swimming pools in the hotel because we had a private one all to ourselves. Everything inside this suite was of a true 5 star standard (see photos).
We requested mosquito spray in our room a few times and also a repair of the broken front door, these were all attended to promptly. We were also happy with the room cleaning service. We were supplied at least 10 complimentary bottles of water daily.
Sokha beach is the best beach in Sihanoukville. The hotel was fully booked when we were there so finding a spare lounger on the beach after breakfast was a challenge. Thanks to the gentleman who managed the beach area for arranging two sunbeds under the shade for us. Learning from other hotel guests, we signed out the beach towels early in the morning the next day, put them onto the sunbeds just to reserve the spots. At the end of the day we had to sign back in the towels.
The buffet breakfast at Champa Café & Bar was quite good and had a lot of variety. The chefs could cook you omelette and noodles instantly. We had lunch at the Lemongrass restaurant twice and were impressed with the quality of the food there. On the dessert menu the mango tart with coconut ice cream was to die for. The ice cream with lemongrass flavour was something different and became my kids’ new favourite. We took Tuk Tuk to downtown for dinner every night just to try different restaurants. The Treasure Island Seafood Restaurant offered the most delicious food in my opinion.
We took a boat trip to the Koh Sam Pouch beach which was the finest beach (naturally clean and beautiful) in the Ream National Park. The trip was led by park rangers and included a 30 minutes trekking from the beach through the jungle to the Thmor Thom fishing village. You can arrange the trip at the park headquarters near the Sihanoukville airport.
All in all we could not find one thing to fault this hotel and we had the most enjoyable and relaxing time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokha Beach Resort is set amidst 23.5 hectares of beautifully landscaped beachfront and garden with its own 1.5 kilometer pristine white sandy beach. Voted amongst the Best New Hotels in the World in Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's Ninth Annual Hot List 2005, this resort is certainly a top choice when vacationing in South East Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sokha Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokha Beach Hotel Sihanoukville
- Sokha Beach Sihanoukville