We had a nice stay -- the room was HUGE and clean, the beach also quite big and quite clean, the pool...same. The Deck restaurant was quite nice and breakfast was pretty good at the other restaurant, but other meals there were pricey and only okay. The furniture, bathrooms and general decor of the rooms (we stayed in one of the villa rooms, not the hotel so can't speak to them) was a bit dated and could really use and upgrade, especially for what you pay to stay there. And the shower was terrible -- just a dribble of lukewarm water. There are much cheaper, hipper places in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. Sihanoukville doesn't seem like it has that many more nice places to stay, so this might be your best bet if you choose to visit here. We were unimpressed with the area in general and would suggest the beaches of Vietnam over Cambodia any day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokha Beach Resort is set amidst 23.5 hectares of beautifully landscaped beachfront and garden with its own 1.5 kilometer pristine white sandy beach. Voted amongst the Best New Hotels in the World in Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's Ninth Annual Hot List 2005, this resort is certainly a top choice when vacationing in South East Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sokha Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokha Beach Hotel Sihanoukville
- Sokha Beach Sihanoukville