I stayed here at the US government rate, so I'm not sure if it is always as cheap as we paid, but if so, this has to be the best value luxury resort in the world. We were warmly greeted by the staff, in English. On arrival to my gorgeous room, I find a plate of chocolates with my name written in chocolate drizzle. We had an excellent dinner at the deck and then it was off to bed. My room did appear to have some termites, but since termites don't tend to bother people, I barely noticed them. The thing I couldn't not get over was how great the price was for this luxury resort. Granted, it was about 4 times the price of the guest houses, which is probably well over the heads of the locals, but fits nicely into a tight western budget. Breakfast was outstanding as well with a combination of eastern and western food. My only wish was that our business trip had allowed us to stay longer. Theh pool was gorgeous and the beach was practically empty with perfect sand and water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokha Beach Resort is set amidst 23.5 hectares of beautifully landscaped beachfront and garden with its own 1.5 kilometer pristine white sandy beach. Voted amongst the Best New Hotels in the World in Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's Ninth Annual Hot List 2005, this resort is certainly a top choice when vacationing in South East Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sokha Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokha Beach Hotel Sihanoukville
- Sokha Beach Sihanoukville