My stay at Sokha was very ok due entirely because of the great beach. I stayed in a deluxe room which was literally 800 metres from the main restaurants/lobby. When I asked to be moved to accommodation closer to the main facilities of the hotel, i was told I couldn't as it was booked out (it obviously wasn't). The pool in my "area" was like a warm bath and very shallow with the bar shut. I had to walk the 800 metres (you could call a golf cart to come pick you up) to the main area. Due to the very high ratio of Asians in my area (which if fine) there was no western breakfast options, so again the dreaded 800m walk in tropical heat. The rooms were not well kept at all, drainage clogged with hair etc. but i must say great bed. Food was mediocre but cheaply priced compared to other resorts. I cannot fault the staff, what they lacked in proficiency they made it up by their friendly manner. In all I would stay there again because of the beach ,but only on the proviso my room was guaranteed in the main area and knowing my expectations would not be too high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokha Beach Resort is set amidst 23.5 hectares of beautifully landscaped beachfront and garden with its own 1.5 kilometer pristine white sandy beach. Voted amongst the Best New Hotels in the World in Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's Ninth Annual Hot List 2005, this resort is certainly a top choice when vacationing in South East Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Sokha Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokha Beach Hotel Sihanoukville
- Sokha Beach Sihanoukville