Sokha resort is certainly a very large complex - it has its own beach area stretching 1.5km's. That gives you some idea of its size. The beach is supposed to be the best in Cambodia - not sure about that, but was very nice with plenty of room not to feel cluttered and you are not tripping over one another.
It essential when you book you ask for rooms that are Pool Side as the Lakeside Rooms are about 1/2 km away from main dining complex and are quite separate in their location.
The rooms are very nice, the pool area fantastic and the dining area opening out toward the pool.
A nice place to relax and chill out. Not sure about the township of Sihanoukville though - pretty basic, but has plenty of bars along a beach strip. Attractive to the younger travellers.
The resort even has its own Casino if you like a flutter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokha Beach Resort is set amidst 23.5 hectares of beautifully landscaped beachfront and garden with its own 1.5 kilometer pristine white sandy beach. Voted amongst the Best New Hotels in the World in Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's Ninth Annual Hot List 2005, this resort is certainly a top choice when vacationing in South East Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Sokha Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokha Beach Hotel Sihanoukville
- Sokha Beach Sihanoukville