“Nicely hotel and Beach in Sihanouk Ville.”
Review of Sokha Beach Resort

Sokha Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Sihanoukville
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is my first stay in Cambodia, I was stay in Siem rep, Phnom Penh city and after and the last is Sihanouk Ville, Sokha Beah hotel on Dec 12, mostly all facilities and services are very nice. me and my family very happy to stay here for 3 nights.
Service staff is very friendly for my stay, but the problem is my traveling back to airport.
when I need the taxi for me and my family to capital airport, first then I got the price $170 just one way is very expensive for traveler 230km, after that the concierge staff ( I forgot the name ) tell me only $70 for taxi that their friend, I'm agreed with this recommend.
in the evening I take tuk tuk to out side for look around city the driver is very bad, he drives with drunk, $10 one way to town..
when my family to airport with taxi recommended, on the way the driver told me if I come back again and call him, he charge only $55. why the staff told me $70? The driver said $15 for hotel staff commission. why the hotel had provide the service for commission? is mean the staff is cheating me?
The driver he drives very fast with many phone call on the way, I thought is very dangerous for my family, i told him please driving slowly but he doesn't understand me.
For my experience in Sihanouk Ville, I will remember and tell my friends and all.....
Sorry for my bad English.. because I'm not the England people..

Room Tip: Room A/C is not very cool,
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank abansunny
Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I first stayed a week at the Independence Hotel where I had a spectacular view of the Ocean from my room but otherwise was not impressed by the hotel. For second week I moved to Sokha, a much newer hotel, with much nicer property and beach. The food and service was also a lot better. Staying at the Sokha is not like staying at Sofitel but it is the most luxurious hotel in Sihanoukville. I found that you need patience when ordering service in Cambodia. Customer service is new to this culture and our requests may seem strange. I only speak English so that can be an issue. But, Cambodians are good hearted people who do want to help and my interactions with them has been very pleasurable when I am patient.

Room Tip: I got a much better price booking on their web site. The room would have cost $30 more per night if...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank LouisLosAngeles
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in this big hotel as we could not find any smaller options in town, this is not our normal cup of tea hotel . The beach is stunning and private , food is nice at the end of the beach but bad at the main restaurant. rooms are nice .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marta s
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was very impressed by our stay at Sokha. The rooms were quite nice, I would say equivalent to an international four star and you pay accordingly. The pool was very large and although I agree with some other reviews that the early closing time of the pool is undesirable. There is a big swim up bar which is fun. The beach in front is lovely, clean and calm. There is a good size spa with complimentary steam room, sauna & hot tub. The little casino at the hotel was surprisingly pleasant as well. Had a table with blackjack as well as roulette amongst other things. I myself didn't play but our friends did and actually made out quite well. No Internet in the room which can be a little annoying, but was available in lobby and breakfast area foc.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MongolGlobal
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Well worth its five stars. Rooms were well equipped. Food was excellent. Setting was very pleasant in both the gardens and the private beach. The staff were very good and both efficient and friendly. When I inadvertently left my camera under the table one night I was both surprised and delighted that the staff had kept it safe for me which sums up the nature and level of the genuine desire of the staff at this hotel and the Cambodian people as a whole to please and look after you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ed w
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Very good hotel set on its own private excellent beach. Rooms are large and clean and the staff are all very friendly. Breakfasts are fine with a fair selection of food. Nice pool bar which serves food. We had a couple of meals at Lemongrass restaurant which provides good food on the deck overlooking the beach. Food is more expensive here than in the local restaurants. Only negative point would be that they appear to run out of certain dishes on each occasion that we visited. Lots of tuk tuks available outside the hotel gate. Nice hotel to relax in after travelling Cambodia.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeteHGuernsey
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I'm not a fan of large resort hotels but in truth this was not at all bad. The rooms were spacious and clean, the common areas well maintained and the staff delightful. The pool area and bar were large and well laid out and the beach again with it's bars were clean and very restful. On the negative, prices are quite high, breakfast OK only. The main restaurant area blasted every night by a questionable four-piece combo from 5.00 till 11.00 which made sitting there impossible. Lemongrass restaurant on the beach was pretty good although not cheap. Nice spa, gym and treatments areas All in all, a pleasant oasis. It purports to be 5*...I'm not convinced about that. Perhaps in terms of facilities but a couple of rough spots need polishing first.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple