Open today: 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Highlight of My Trip

Not to be missed! I did a one hour ride and it was the highlight of my trip. So glad I discovered... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
dianefoo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
via mobile
Best way to spend the afternoon

Swimming with the horses was an amazing experience. Bare back on a horse in the ocean was not... read more

Reviewed March 29, 2019
Joski_11
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Sihanoukville
from $79.00
from $135.00
from $95.00
More Info
All reviews hour ride experienced riders horse ride riding experience healthy horses suitable horse beach swim amazing experience cambodian countryside cambodian guide amazing afternoon absolute highlight bucket list great guide two hours private tour otres beach
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2019

This was our Christmas day present to our kids, and they thought it was great! The horses here are really well cared for and we were weighed a few times to make sure we weren't too heavy for the horses. The staff was very attentive and I felt that myself and the children were safe at all times. We are beginning riders, and we felt confident with the staff that looked after us. There is an 80 kg weight limit, and we felt the 1 hour ride was a perfect amount of time for us.

Date of experience: December 2018
Tiina H, Owner at Liberty Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2019

It was a great Christmas present you gave to your children, having an amazing experience!
Sorry has to correct, our weight limit for horses is 85 kilos at the moment.
Hopefully we`ll see you again one day!

Reviewed January 2, 2019

We spent $45 per person going for 1.5 hours horse & swim tour. We only wanted to do one hour but were pushed into doing 1.5 hours. We arrived pretty late to the stables and mentioned we wanted to do an hour and were guilted into 1.5 hours since the staff had to wait for us for 20mins. We got private tour since noone else booked for that time and me being medium rider and my partner being beginner. The way down to the beach was okay except my partner's horse wasn't listening at all and our instructor told us they don't like each other so we should keep the horses away from each other. We got to the beach which was covered with garbage (not sure where are the pictures on here from) and went for a swim in a sea filled with garbage. My partner's horse started bucking and thank god he was in the sea because he fell off due to the horse going mad. They were not being very friendly at all and my partner refused to get on him for the 3rd time as he pushed him off 2x and then the guide said my partner was too heavy (82kg). Leaving the swim (you leave all your repellent behind) I was told I will be okay without shoes assuming we will be going the same way we came from which was straight road. We trekked through the jungle getting eaten alive by mosquitos and my partner being absolutely terrified of getting kicked off on the ground. The tour guide attached his horse to him and I was told to stay behind so the horse doesn't kick the other one.My partner's horse behaved after but my horse that was being fairly good the whole time lost it after swimming and started galloping through the jungle like mad every time we were more than 3m behind. I am not overly confident rider but I can gallop and I am okay when horses are being funny but this was something else! Even though I kept pulling the reins as hard as I could the horse just took off on its own like mad going through this jungle, the worst was that there were trees everywhere and the trek wasn't exactly on a big road rather than through stony jungle going up and down and trees on the path everywhere. My horse didn't care about any of my attempts to try to control him whatsoever. He took off with no warnings and wanted to bit my partner's horse all the time which made me really worried since that horse was bucking earlier on. At one point I pulled the reins when the horse took off and he started bucking too and then he got on his back feet but I was able to keep myself on him. This happened going uphill on stony path which wouldn't be fun to land on. I have done loads of horse riding tours and I have always loved my experience, this was the first time that horse made me feel uncomfortable and I was genuinely worried for mine and my partner's wellbeing. If horses don't like each other then they shouldn't be allowed to go on tours together and if they are not well behaved they shouldn't be given to beginner at all! Not worth those $90 we spent. That is super steep for Cambodia. I paid 35EUR in France for 2hours horseriding together with galloping on the beach and I was completely fine and not terrified that the horse is going to kick me off any minute! Upon arrival back to the stables we told our experience being really upset to the owner and she said it must have been the storm that was there earlier on. Not sure whether horses can be affected this much by 10minutes of rain that happened earlier that day.

1  Thank BarboraKalav

Sorry to hear you didn`t enjoy your ride. Every customers opinion is important to us, we do our best that customers would be happy riding with us. I`m pleased to say that most of the customers do so, like we can see from reviews.

Naturally a customer can choose which trail to take when making a booking. In your case you arrived late and a staff and horses had been waiting for a while already but we still let you go for a 1,5 hrs ride (at some places customer has to pay full price if arriving late but not having full time for riding anymore).

Money we have from rides goes all to the ranch`s costs, taking good care of horses.

Hopefully your next riding experience is good!

Reviewed December 27, 2018 via mobile

My sister and I -both well experienced riders- went for a horse ride at this lovely place. The ride was fantastic with lots of canter and swimming. Perfect experience!

1  Thank Lisa L
Tiina H, owner at Liberty Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2019

Happy to hear you enjoyed and welcome back one day!

Reviewed December 13, 2018

We had a wonderful time with Tina, her team and her horses at Liberty Ranch....oh, and her dogs (We loved Otres). It is clear Tina and her team love their animals, and the animals are well-cared for, healthy and happy.

The highlight was our time with the horses in the water. We were expecting to briefly dip our toes in the water. We were wonderfully surprised to be able to spend a sizable amount of time bareback on horses in sufficiently deep waters. It was a wonderful experience for the adults and kids (7 years old, 10 years old, 11 years old).

Date of experience: December 2018
Tiina H, Owner at Liberty Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2018

Thanks a lot for visiting us, I´m so happy to hear you enjoyed it.
I promise to give hugs & kisses to Otres from You!
Hope to see you back one day at the Liberty Ranch.

Reviewed December 12, 2018 via mobile

We had a great afternoon riding the horses with little previous experience. Horses and staff were fantastic and the beach swim experience is absolute highlight and worth the extra. Just make sure you driver knows where it is as many dont but luckily ours was terrific.

The two guides and the 3 horses we had were amazing.

Thanks for unforgettable experience. From Cunningham family Australia

Date of experience: December 2018
Tiina H, Owner at Liberty Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2018

Happy to hear you enjoyed, thank you!