“Great food and friendly hosts”

Mc Guinness's Irish Cottage
Ranked #2 of 375 Restaurants in Sihanoukville
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

My brother an I went here Ecuador we read that the rid were great.

When we ordered two rounds of ribs they told us that there was only enough for two small servings but they would give us a discounted price. We decided to order one round of ribs and a sheppards pie to share between us.

Thinking that my brother ordered the pie and would miss out on the ribs they gave him what was left of the ribs as a complementary side.

The ribs fell off the bone, were extremely tender and very tasty. Plenty if meat as well. Best ribs we've had yet in South East Asia.

We finished our meal and nearly finished our beers when the host brought over another two complimentary beers.

Definitely recommend this place. Great meals and great hosts! Going back!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am new to Cambodia but have been around Asia for the last couple of years ,
Mc guinness's Irish Cottage is amazing , better than home and so cheap .
well worth a visit .....you will go back ...everything is freshly cooked and really good ..
you will not regret it .....enjoy ...
Al...

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have to say I've been in sihanoukville around a month and I can honestly say that the food iv had in the irish cottage is the best around. The chef and owner of the restaurant is friendly and welcoming oh and by the way the ribs are probably the best I've had in a long long time if not ever. So if you are ever in sihanoukville do check it out you will be back for more.
The food is great. What more can i say
Derek Mc

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Firstly the location- yes it's not in the greatest place but I think the average review went a bit over the top. I went here twice with my girlfriend and we felt very comfortable. The seating area is quite small and we were lucky to get a table both times. On both occasions every table was full as we were leaving.

Anyway the important bit- the food. Between us we tried the ribs, the garlic chicken Kiev and the taco fries. The latter was just ok but the Kiev was great. As for the ribs- by far the best ribs I have ever tasted any where in the world! So good in fact on our first visit I had to order a second portion. Yes I left barely being able to move but by god was it worth it!

If you want a break from Khmer food this is the place to go. Owner was very nice also (the chef).

Sihanoukville hasn't been our greatest place we have visited on our travels but this place is epic!

1  Thank willtt
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Really god ribs, moist and tender. Just falling apart glazed with a sweet, slightly smokey bbq sauce. Best ribs in sihanoukville. Great price,6.25 for the ribs and 1 dollar for the bear.