“Western food? This is a must!”

Mc Guinness's Irish Cottage
Ranked #1 of 359 Restaurants in Sihanoukville
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Firstly the location- yes it's not in the greatest place but I think the average review went a bit over the top. I went here twice with my girlfriend and we felt very comfortable. The seating area is quite small and we were lucky to get a table both times. On both occasions every table was full as we were leaving.

Anyway the important bit- the food. Between us we tried the ribs, the garlic chicken Kiev and the taco fries. The latter was just ok but the Kiev was great. As for the ribs- by far the best ribs I have ever tasted any where in the world! So good in fact on our first visit I had to order a second portion. Yes I left barely being able to move but by god was it worth it!

If you want a break from Khmer food this is the place to go. Owner was very nice also (the chef).

Sihanoukville hasn't been our greatest place we have visited on our travels but this place is epic!

1  Thank willtt

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Really god ribs, moist and tender. Just falling apart glazed with a sweet, slightly smokey bbq sauce. Best ribs in sihanoukville. Great price,6.25 for the ribs and 1 dollar for the bear.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I visited M when I saw it was ranked no 2 in Sihanoukville.
When I later checked the revues carefully I saw that all revues are made by men. Five of them never gave revues earlier. I am surprised you can be top rated on TA considering that fact. Many of the men live in S. Maybe they are friends to the owner? I think TA have to open their yes for things like that.
One revue is about the surroundings. It says M is located in the new market area. What market? Sex market...

This is a very small restaurant and it is surrounded JUST by girly bars. You can hear music from a lot of bars at the same time...not so good for a nice conversation. When you come and go girls can approach you physically (happened to me). No big deal…but you have to know it.

My meal was very good, so regarding the food I agree with the other writers here. It was not cheap but worth the money.

So this will be a good restaurant ones they move to another place. But of course, if you don't mind the surroundings you can have a good dinner here. But I will not go there again and I cannot recommend it. Sorry...

2  Thank henryzon
Reviewed November 30, 2013

What is there to say? My first day in Sihanoukville I had been told about this fine wee establishment and that ribs that get served here. After meeting Maurice at The Shipwreck during the rugby (up the All Blacks!) my final meal in Sihanoukville was had here. I of course had the ribs, which were so soft and tender than the bone could be pulled free without taking any meat with it at all, they were absolute melt in your mouth perfect. And the sauce? dont get me started on that, I made sure I got every scrap of it with the chips that were served. The big one is...will I eat here again? absolutely, hands down. When will that be? the sooner the better!

1  Thank BradST2013
Reviewed November 30, 2013

By far the best ribs I've ever had. Maurice is an excellent chef who cooks all the meals himself. He concocts a wide selection of excellent dishes and entertains his guests with witty banter as he slaves over the hot cooker. This place is a real home away from home.