“Home feel with the best beach!”
Review of Footprints Rooms

Footprints Rooms
Ranked #125 of 235 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place was hard to leave. Great price for rooms, staff was friendly/helpful and the menu had great Khmer and western food.On sunny days we had the beach to ourselves, which is a stones throw from the hotel's door step. On rainy days you could chill out in the common area and watch movies and meet other travellers. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to get away from the city centre... just to chill out and have a relaxing time on a quite beach. Thanks Diana for a lovely stay! Patrick and Erin ox

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Footprints Rooms

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I arrived at Footprints a solo female backpacker, the journey out to Otres Beach was around 20 minutes from the centre of Sihanoukville were I got off the bus from Phonm Pehn. As soon as I walked in inside I noticed that the place had a very homely atmosphere and was immediately greeted at the counter by english speaking staff. My room was a three bed dorm that I had paid for 1 bed in, but because of the low season I had it to myself for the whole time I stayed. The room was basic, but extremely clean and had mosquito nets and a comfortable bed with 3 fans so it was definitely a bargain for the mere $5 a night I paid. I had only planned to stay at Footprints for 3 nights, but I ended up staying seven nights due to how comfortable it was and how friendly the staff were to me. I met Lisa, Olly and Savana who are from the UK and America and who have been working there a long time. The three of them as well as the Khmer staff worked extra hard to offer the best hospitality, even though they were a few staff down as the owners were recently in a road accident and had returned to the UK for a while to recover. There are huge bed type sofas with lots of cushions facing a large tv in the common room to watch movies on which was the best bonus extra during the monsoon rains, especially because there were hundreds of great movies to choose from. The wifi was good, the food at Footprints is really up to standard and you get such good quality for the price you pay. The beach is nice for Cambodia (don't go expecting the same as Thailand, it is still a developing third world country) and the culture shines through when the cows are ushered along in the evening. The security guard for the hostel Is Khmer and very friendly (a master in Thai Quon Do so no local will mess with him) and the three adorable dogs on site make you feel even safer as a guest. I have seen that some people have mentioned about the yellow water in the showers, but this is only because of the sand turning it this colour in the area, and it felt completely fresh for me when taking a shower (as opposed to irony water in Siem Reap). Footprints is a definite gem of a place to go to if you want cheap prices, quality, culture and home away from home comfort. Savana and Lisa were so friendly and accommodating the whole time I was there, keeping me company as a solo traveller and I am glad to have chosen Footprints as I class them both under the list of wonderful people I have had the opportunity of meeting during my South East Asia travels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisarooroo
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and its totally great value for the money. U r practically on the beach, if u want to chill, there r really comfy seats at the reception. The only thing is that its quite far from the center, but it costs 6USD to get there. I would definitely recommend it to all backpackers!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We wanted to go to Sihanoukville and the islands around and as we had been told that Oltres beach was the nicest beach we ended up there - which we ABSOLUTELY didn't regret! Oltres 2 is around 15 minutes (5-6 US$) from the center of Sihanoukville and is absolutely amazing. We were there in low season but we felt like we had the beach all to ourselves. The water is nice, the beach is white and everything is so clean and lovely. The staff was very nice and helpful and the rooms were nice, always clean and with one fan for each bed we didn't suffer from heat at night. We wanted to see some of the pristine islands around Sihanoukville, but there were way more tourists on Koh Rhong than on Oltres - and as it is easy and cheap to go to Sihanoukville center were the night life is, Footprints for us was the perfect match! White and desert beaches, friendly staff and close to nightlife when we wanted to go out. Food is very cheap on Footprints and is not too bad (we had fresh fruits, muesli and yogurt every single morning - yummie!!) and if you're looking for something else to eat for a night or two there are restaurants serving amazing food very near by - try the elephant garden or the secret garden 5 min walk from Footprints.
Wifi is good and if it's raining Footprints is the place to be, as they have lots of couches, an incredible amount of movies and a lovely atmosphere for a cosy day - or you can go for a nice walk in the rain!! Would definitely recommend Footprints!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SaraZach
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Footprints for 6 nights after being recommended the property by someone we met in a dorm room in Vietnam.

Footprints is situated on Otres 2, about 15 minutes (tuk tuk) from Serendipity. It's just over the road from the beautiful, quiet beach- a contrast from the other dirty, touristy beaches around.

We stayed in a garden bungalow, I'd recommend the upgrade as the rooms are more spacious and have their own en suite, but with little price difference. The GBs have large windows, making them bright and welcoming. The water is slightly yellow, but we can't blame Footprints for this, it's a beachfront hostel in Cambodia after all! Just make sure you drink/brush your teeth with the bottled water.

Food and drink is yummy and reasonably priced at Footprints. They have different specials everyday and always cater to your needs. If you do fancy a little change you can pop opposite to Sam's beach bar- the food there is good too.

The lounge area in the hostel is really chilled out, and every evening you can choose a movie to watch. Wifi works well in this area, so it's great to just take a break on the sofa and relax!

The staff at the hostel are wonderful. I would say they are the ones who made my stay here fabulous. Jen & Mike in particular were great. Well organised, friendly and helpful at all times. They ensure that everyone is enjoying themselves and if there is something bothering you, just ask, they will do everything to sort it out for you. It was my birthday while I was at Footprints and they were great to me. A group of friends and I had a boxing and circuit session with Mike, it was amazing. Sweaty, but amazing. Mike taught boxing professionally and tailored his teaching style it to each of us individually. I would recommend the session if you want a fun and energetic workout.

To be honest, when we first arrived I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought I would be leaving the next day, as there seemed to be nothing around. But instead we stayed almost a week and had a fabulous time. If your after a friendly hostel, with a stunning beach and chilled out vibe, then look no further!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sam_206
Reviewed June 22, 2013

A standard backpacker hang out with clean, basic rooms and fair, basic food. Lots of couches to lounge on, sun longers to tan on, and movies to watch. The food is okay and pretty cheap. The vibe is chilled. Staff are friendly but there are a lot of long-termers that live there and may or may not work there. Thus western staff and long-termers are always sitting around in groups chatting, making it hard to know who is currently working and making it a bit awkward to ask for anything because you don't want to be rude and interrupt them. They were all friendly and helpful though. The location is awesome if you want to be away from it all. It's a 20 minute walk along a deserted beach to get to the main otres beach with people, restaurants, nightlife (maybe), and minimart. I loved the daily walk - heavenly.
Be warned though, otres 2 is not developed so there is plenty of rubbish on the beach and the water comes out of the tap brown (so bring disinfectant for any cuts you have). But the ocean is warm and clean and wild.
A great beach though and footprints is a cheap ($5 per night for the dorm or from $10 for private rooms), friendly, and very chilled place to wile away a few good days.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 8 bed dorm in low season and one night I even had it all to myself. The 3 bed dorms...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank filmchick81
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

we stayed here only one night because we wanted to stay more on the beach than the room they offered us, but nonetheless not bad words about this place. the staff is great and even after we moved next door we were still treated like guests, having breakfast and dinners on the bill, they booked us a bus and so on. An A for hospitality!

• Stayed: May 2013