“best pizza on otres beach”

Papa Pippo Bar, Restaurant & Bungalows
Ranked #16 of 400 Restaurants in Sihanoukville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Welcome to PAPA PIPPO - Bar, Restaurant & Bungalows on Otres Beach. Come and experience a touch of original Italian hospitality in our homely and relaxed setting. Our beach side bungalows, all with toilet and shower inside, are only a few steps from the sea and they all offer you unforgettable sunsets. All our food fresh pasta, piadinas, cakes and pizzas are home made following old Italian tradition. We can assure you that you'll enjoy long and relaxing days in our ample and uncrowded surroundings soothed by the sound of the waves.
Reviewed September 2, 2014

They make fabulous pizzas here which are big in diameter (35-40cm). The whole place looks nice, clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Prices are good for what they offer. Overall an absolute recommendation!

Date of visit: September 2014

Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

I
Papa Pippo it's beautiful, quiet, clean and with good food kindly people....what else do you need in holiday to feel good?

1  Thank LaEleB3
Reviewed July 27, 2014

First of all.. If you like Italian food you will love this place!
Owned and run with such passion. An eye for detail in everything you see. From the beautiful food menu to the cocktails, coffee and deserts!!

Every single meal I ate here was perfect! served hot, fresh and with a smile..(The service from the staff is as good as you will find anywhere)

Once you try the Pizza, the Tiramisu, Affogato and Ginger cocktail you will not want to leave either!

Enjoy when you're in the area you won't regret it!!

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I'm very surprised to read these reviews describing mediocre food and bad service at Papa Pippo. I've been living in Phnom Pehn for 3 years and every time I come to the beach for a weekend (5-6 times per year) I eat and stay at Papa Pippo. The food prices are slightly above average for Otres, but for what you get I find it to be fully worth it. Both the Khmer and Western staff members are always friendly, talkative and efficient. Having eaten at a lot of places up and down Otres 1 and 2, I can say that the service at Papa Pippo actually stands out - this is one of the only places where when I've been with a group and all of our entrees arrived at the table within a few minutes of each other! All of the waitresses I've met have been beyond friendly and when occasionally a pizza is taking a bit longer than normal (due to a long queue), the waitress has informed us of the wait, apologized and explained the delay.

And the food! We keep coming back for a reason...and it is the Papa Pippo tricolore pizza. Other stand out dishes are the meatballs, gnocchi with cream, zucchini and shrimp, and the house salad. Finish everything up with a hot Lavazza espresso and real Italian gelato (or tiramisu, or cheesecake...it's so hard to pick). But honestly, everything I've personally ordered or tasted of friend's dishes has been delicious - consistent, fresh and really, really good. I'm going to keep planning my long weekend holidays to Otres and Papa Pippo is always my first stop.

Date of visit: July 2014
1  Thank tina m
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We both arrived and were the only ones there yet our food still took about half an hour to arrive. We ordered two spaghetti bolognese which turned out to be spaghetti with the tiniest amount of meat. Tastes of plain pasta with watery tomato juice. Won't be returning.