“Misleading”

Ranked #27 of 72 Hotels in Sihanoukville
Melbourne, Australia
“Misleading”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked this hotel as the website and hotel description indicated that it had its own private beach - this is entirely not true! The main beach is a short walk away but is not great and the beach where they intend on having an "area" is a decent tuk tuk drive away.
Also - beachfront views aren't that great & not worth mentioning.
As a substitute though, the pool is quite nice and we had a jacuzzi in our room which was pretty cool!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LauraleeCuzner
Phen M, General Manager at OC Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Lauralee Cuzner

I'm manager from OC Boutique Hotel, I’m very happy that you was choosing OC Boutique Hotel, Sihanouk Ville for Your Holiday and I’m very happy to get your comment and Thank you very much to you and I’m Appreciate to except to approved with my hotel and my service.

OC Boutique Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bruges, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a brand new hotel situated near the beach.
As it was during Christmas time that we booked our room, the hotel was nearly completely full and we had to take the first room near the reception desk.
The room was spacious and very modern with direct access to the garden and swimming pool.
Breakfast was based on guest coming from the East, so that we had to ask for a Western breakfast (we do not eat soup, noodles, etc.. in the morning). The chef of the restaurant made pancakes for us!
The hotel has a garden and a large swimming pool with chairs.
As most of the guest were Eastern people, there was a lot of noise in the hotel - the noise started at 6 AM (Chinese couple besides our room was playing with their baby outside near our window and also the cleaning staff started working at 6 AM with loud talking. Even the people behind the reception desk made a lot of noise at that time). We asked to close the doors of the corridor to reduce the noise

Room Tip: Avoid room too close to the reception desk
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Patrick V

Varna, Bulgaria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

It is not a bad hotel if you pay for one of the best rooms (it means pool view). I am not a fan of pool view rooms, which was a bad choice. We had a spacious room ( no negatives about the size). However, we got a room which overlooked a wall and had no window to open. Air-conditioning could not help in a situation like this. Cambodia is not a country where you need an air-conditioner. All you need is some breeze.
We ended with an open door because there was no oxygen in it. Even mosquitos did not dare to live in.
I can't complain about anything else. It is obvious that we were waiting for checking out.
What happened on our leaving was that a girl at the reception tried to overcharge us. First, by claiming that we paid $208 instead of $ 228 ( but they had given me a receipt, keep it). Then, She claimed that we had eaten at their restaurant and we should pay a bill, which we had never signed. Suddenly, when the manager appeared, the claims were forgotten.
I can't say the staff were unfriendly. On the contrary, but you should be aware of their tricks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Creamy7777
Dear Creamy 7777

OC Boutique Hotel

Travelers are raving about these Sihanoukville hotels

HCMC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My friend booked the rooms for us. We arrived after a truly terrifying motorbike ride down from Phnom Penh. We were filthy, but the check-in staff (thanks Kaka - you were very understanding and courteous) was great.
The 2nd room I was assigned could have slept 3 but it was only me in there - so I loved it. My friends shared an identical room on the 3rd floor. We overlooked the pool and garden- really very nice and also quiet. The rooms are brand new. Everything is in excellent condition. The beds + sheets are great, and the minimalist white with bold cushions just adds to the exterior impression which is: Miami stye beach hotel. The rooms did not have hot water. Which I just cannot understand!?! It is not a major deal, because it is a tropical country. But in the morning after sleeping in the superbly effective air-conditioning, I did want a warm shower to start the day (this is why I have down-rated the rooms to only average). Breakfast was perfectly acceptable - but could have been better. Maybe get your chefs to go with something a little less Chinese hotel buffet style and a little bit more Khmer meets western style.
Housekeeping was very friendly. Front office staff very nice. Adequate security. Perfectly acceptable hotel for flash-packers and those of us approaching 40.

Room Tip: Poolside. 2nd or 3rd floors I would recommend
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Band Breviewer

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had a ground floor double room with a view of the boundary wall, about 1 meter away. The room itself was sufficient, but without a hairdryer (girlfriend got annoyed) and strangely the wash basin was outside the bathroom but had no hot water. Do they think most people shave in cold water. The staff were friendly but spoke poor English. The hotel itself looks trendy with a boutique feel and has a large inviting pool with the bar and restaurant area around it. This place should be excellent and still could be. It just needs tighter management and stronger leadership and direction

Room Tip: Its near Nyam, (across the road), probably one of the best restaurants in Sihinoukville
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TFH04

Rhondda, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

we originally booked 13 nights,but stayed nearly 4 weeks,staff brilliant ,cant do enough for you,clean rooms with towels changed daily,great buffet breakfast with western and asian chioces.near to beach and many bars and restuarants.one of the best hotels in sihanoukville.

Room Tip: dont stay in the rooms near the staircase of the old building,can be a bit noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valleylady 1

Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Nice hotel with a great pool to relax in. Two blocks to the beach and a short walk to restaurants and bars. Good breakfast was included. Hotel is secure and staff friendly and helpful. Central to most activities. We paid about $60 for new wing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple