“Secret guests!!!”

and 1 more site!
The Secret Garden at Otres Beach
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Sihanoukville
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

So we didn't actually stay at secret garden but we ate at there Resturant pretty much every day and used there sun loungers on the beach! The staff were so nice and friendly (sometimes a little slow but still extremely friendly!!!)! Great quality of food and really reasonably priced ... There wa a reason this place was packed even in low season!
I was even allowd a sneaky dip in the pool as we had become friends with the staff! We basically lived here bar the room haha!
Love secret garden and hope it stays some what a secret from too much tourism!!!!

Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I recently stayed here on my travels through South East Asia.
I had been told that Otres 2 beach was the most peaceful place to stay here.
It is definitely a beautiful part of Cambodia and The Secret Garden is located directly opposite the beach with uninterrupted views of the Ocean and sunset.
The Hotel itself seemed to be a far cry better than some of the places located directly on the beach, but, there really isn't much competition.Perhaps, this is why the service seemed slack,the rooms weren't special at all, and generally, is just had a very ordinary aura about it.Such a pity, as the location is very special.
Hopefully, next time I return, there will be more choice for accommodation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank gabby b
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed here for a night, our tuk-tuk driver had a bit of trouble finding it, but I think that was more the language barrier. It was a little pricey, but worth it in my opinion - We did other much cheaper places elsewhere in Cambodia so we splashed out! Rooms were nice, loved the outdoor rainforest shower, pool area was nice, the whole place looks amazing by night. Bar and restaurant have excellent food and drinks, we got chatting to one of the owners (I've forgotten his name!) and he filled us in on the history of how they came about setting the place up. Unfortunately they only had room for us for the one night, but they recommended ten103 to us so we went there and absolutely loved it as well! Overall, Sihanoukville the town didn't have much that piqued my interest, do yourself a favour and head straight out to the beaches and islands. Secret Garden and ten103!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Otres beach is still paradise and this hotel makes the most of it. The bar is right on the beach and has chairs that you can sit in all day. The rooms are fine but nothing to write home about. The real surprise is the food which is extraordinary. Dinner at the beach watching the sunset was as good as it gets.

For two days of reading and relaxation it was perfect

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Didn't stay their but used the restaurant and beach loungers. Best English breakfast on the beach, and we had a really good evening meal , pork belly which was up to the standard of a very good london resturant, good service on the beach

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Secret Garden sits on a beautiful stretch of white sand at Otres beach. (Get there by taking a tuktuk for about $6 from Sihanoukville.) You can walk straight from the restaurant onto the beach.
It is an idyllic spot for a few days' break. There is a swimming pool for a refreshing dip after being on the beach all day. The restaurant has both Asian and Western food – we just stayed with the Asian food and it was good. The staff are friendly. Service is fine considering you are on holiday.

We were told on check-in that noise started on the building site next door at 7am, but we didn't find it too much of a problem.

There are a few things they could do better though for the price we paid (US$ 90 per night). The bathroom towels are thin, for example. The beach towels are just ordinary little towels – too small. But although the first impression of the room wasn't good, after 2 days here we were relaxed. I would come back again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
dora m, Owner at The Secret Garden at Otres Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thanks for your review!

Just to let you know, we've taken your advice on board and have gotten in the biggest, fluffiest towels money can buy. I hope you can come back soon to enjoy them!

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

This was the worst place I stayed on my trip of Cambodia. And the most expense! This place is a sham!

I arrived and discovered that there is construction going on next door. The noise then continues on during the night with people living there at night.

I was allocated a bungalow that was in front of the staff area and interconnecting, that has no soundproofing!

I could hear everything next door including them sitting on the toilet farting!

When I arrived sheets where dirty, bathroom was dirty and air con didn't work. Room was dusty. Water coming out of the tap brown.

After getting no sleep I decided to leave the next morning. I was told no problem and was asked if I was leaving because of the construction noise.

At the time of check out I was told I would be charged a cancellation fee which had never been mentioned. When I explained the reasons for leaving I was told bad luck. To contact booking.com

Management are rude and just out to make a buck. AVOID this hotel, you can do much better and avoid the stress.

I changed hotels and found an amazing hotel at half the price!

So disappointing

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank TravelAgent2012

We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us as much as our other guests do.

We always do our utmost to ensure our accommodation is of the highest possible standard, and I'm sorry that your room did not live up to your expectations on the particular day of your stay. Therefore, as soon as we received your complaint, sheets were changed, sink was cleaned and the A/C unit was serviced.

We do advertise clearly on-line that the room you stayed in is semi-detached, and our cancellation policy is stated on all of the booking sites we use.

Again, I'm sorry that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations, and I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in Cambodia.