“Prefer to support the blind massage where I can”

Seeing Hands Massage
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Prefer to support the blind massage where I can”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Excellent value for money and you are helping those less fortunate than yourself. Easily found in one of the main streets of Sihanoukville coming from the Lions roundabout heading back into town on the righthand side.

Visited April 2012

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A magical touch”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

When I was in India a couple of years ago I had a massage by a blind therapist and it was remarkable.
I was therefore delighted to stumble across Seeing Hands Massage as I wandered along Ekareach St. Sporting a sore neck which had given me a headache for the previous two days I went in and was able to be treated immediately.
I was given an outfit similar to hospital scrubs to put on, and a locker in which to store my valuables.
One rule that they have (other than please turn off your mobile phone) is 'no talking' which I loved. Too many massages are peppered with small talk...to be able to just relax and be massaged was a treat in itself.
The massage therapist was every bit as good as, if maybe not better than, the therapist I pay $83 an hour for back in Australia. Seeing Hands, however, charges only $6 an hour. It is not a relaxation massage, but a therapeutic one, so don't go there if you expect to be smothered in pretty smelling oils. Go there if you have sore, tight muscles that need releasing. My headache was gone as I walked out of the clinic.
I love that these blind people are gainfully employed too, rather than left to begging or not earning an income.
I'll be certainly popping back in there again before I leave Sihanoukville. And I'm hoping I'll find them in other towns around Cambodia.

3 Thank misslinda-t