“Clean and welcoming”
Review of Relax - CLOSED

Relax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At Relax we offer a full range of professional western style treatments in clean and tranquil surroundings. We have no telephones, no talking and no EXTRAS (Sexual services). All our products are natural and our staff are retrained regularly to keep the same professional quality. We have recently open a hair salon next door and have trained the staff in eye lash tinting, eye brow tinting, Gel nail tips and gel nail polish. We are open from 10.00am until 9.00pm.
Reviewed April 22, 2014

As my hotel spa did not want to do a facial I asked reception of somewhere nearby...the suggested Relax Massage which was just around the corner... Nice relaxing facial with arm and foot massage. Also got the ear candling :) clean and tranquil place.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had seen a recommendation of Relax Massage in the Sihanoukville Journal, and chose to check it out. I am a Chiropractor, and have training in Massage as well as several other Healing Modalities, so I have had a tendency to be picky re massage sessions.
The first receptionist I met spoke Russian as well as English and Cambodian ! She was friendly and handled the calls well, while I was waiting for my first session, as I was a walk-in and needed to wait. I was surprised that she made no attempt whatever to quite down loud patrons who came to make bookings for the next day.
The massage rooms were small, yet ok for the table, which of course is given a fresh towel to lay upon for each client. I brought my own oil, as I am conscientious re what goes into and on my body. The receptionist swore that they used Pure, 100% Lavender Oil for the Essential Oil Massage. I have experience with Essential Oils; this was not 100%, nor was it 50%-- maybe 10%-- the Lavender fragrance was quite flat and comparatively faint-- and had sediment in the bottle,as well!!. I was glad to have my own essentials oils with me.
The technician was professional, with firm, strong strokes-- and remembering my comments re where to use the specific pain oil I had brought with me. After the massage, a glass of water is offered.
There was a misunderstanding re a booking for two days later, unfortunate for all. Another appt was made for the next day, with the same masseuse. Another session of quiet, peaceful relaxation--- until loud (Russian) clients came, to make a booking. Again, there was no attempt to keep the peaceful atmosphere.

For both of my appts, I chose to visit the RELAX studio situated at the Beach Club-- here, one may use the swimming pool : ) --wear your suit there, bring your own towel!
I definitely recommend the professional, attentive massage services offered through RELAX MASSAGE.

2  Thank LightSplash
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had 1 1/2 massage and my wife had a 1 hr massage and a pedicure. The total cost was USD$36. Cheap by the standards of most of the world, but not all that cheap for Cambodia. I had a great 1 1/2 massage in Siem Reap for $7. The massage at Relax was good, but not great. It was not a naughty massage. For those you need to go elsewhere. The place seemed reasonably clean. Shop around. You can find better deals.

chacha199918, Owner at Relax, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Hello James,

Thank you for your feedback for Relax massage and beauty.

Yes the massages in Siem Reap are great and cheap.

Unfortunatly we do not have the same employment base as they do in Siem Reap that is why we make every effort to retrain our staff regularly and offer continuous good treatments.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Positives: clean and relaxing atmosphere with music and very dim lights. English speaking owner. I didn't get a massage so I can't speak to that.

Negatives: 6 dollar manicure is actually just a polish change. I didn't get the 12$ deluxe manicure, but in this country, spending 6 dollars on a manicure means that they should do more than clip and paint your nails. The 18 dollar Brazilian didn't get finished because I made her stop after repeatedly asking for her to alter her technique. It was too dark in the room for her to see and I don't think the led lantern she brought in was illuminating enough. the local woman doing it was putting too much wax over a too large of a surface to pull from, which made it unbearably painful and impossible to take off. I told her "smaller, thinner area, less wax please" but she must have not understood. I walked off the table. On the bright side the wax was of good quality because it didn't irritate my skin. I get brazilians once every six to eight weeks and I know what they are supposed to do and how to minimize the pain during the process.

The worst part was that the women working there laughed at me for not being able to finish the Brazilian and I could tell they were talking about me during the pedicure.

My uneducated opinion: much more lighting to do a Brazilian right or this place is going to maul someone's genitals.

I only give it three stars because the owner seemed nice and the facility was clean and well designed.

1  Thank Ks2857

Hello ks2857,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Relax massage and beauty.

Could you please tell me when you came in so i can research this. Also do you live here in Sihanoukville?

We only charge $1.00 for changing the polish and for $6.00 you get your nails cut, filled, your cuticles cleaned, Soaked and pushed back and then a base coat and polish. So i would like to see what happened in your case as this has never happened before.

Also you said you had a pedicure? Was this ok?

I am sorry if you think they were talking about you as there is silence in the shop and they are not allowed to talk unless they are discussing what the customers wants. I know it sounds like it sometimes as the Khmer language is very direct. That is why they have to whisper and are not allowed to talk unless they are discussing your treatment. As we have found that some customers feel they are talking about them due to the abruptness of the Khmer language. Again i will check this.

As for the Brazilian wax the girls do not speak much English so they would not of understood when you were trying to make them change there technique that is why i always have an English speaking and other languages receptionist available with communication to help if you are having any problems. Did you mention this to the receptionist when you walked of the table? because she would of got you to go back in and have it finished to your satisfaction.

I would be surprised if the receptionist would of laughed at you as again they are there to help you and the girls.

As for lighting we have big bright lights on above you when having waxing and the small light is for them to pay closer attention. I go to Bangkok to get better quality products as they are not available in Cambodia so that is why you had no skin irritation.

Thank you for your feed back i will check this all for you. If you do live here please come and see me.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I can here a couple of times during our stay and were never disappointed. The service is very professional and the standard of massage is high. We both got the full body oil massage and would recommend it to everyone.

1  Thank Georgia W