“Awesome place for chill backpacker type people, not your mommas 5 star :)”
Review of Done Right

Done Right
Ranked #26 of 234 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
“Awesome place for chill backpacker type people, not your mommas 5 star :)”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Some of the rooms are cool dome shaped homes, and some are just dorm type rooms. We tried to make reservations through email but somehow it fell through. Luckily they had rooms open for us. Everyone is really nice and super chill. The guy, Beaver, who works there was really helpful. And super good price with the beach right across the street. I was happy.

• Stayed November 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Hebrew first
Da Lat, Vietnam
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The rooms were small, the mosquito nets of questionable quality, the toilets stank. The staff were very nice though. It also has a small gym which is cool and a poor table. The constant aroma of marijuana is really annoying especially in the morning. You get for what you pay for though it was very cheap at $4 a night.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there one night and couldn't handle another one.

The room was clean and the staff were friendly enough however the stench of weed was everywhere and the bathrooms were disgusting.

Upon paying for our room they had also charged us for drinks from the bar that we had not ordered. They did however squash this with no fuss when we told them we hadn't ordered them.

Stayed November 2013
Hvidovre, Denmark
Reviewed November 23, 2013

i can only recommend staying at "Done Right" if you go to Sihanoukville. my friend and me got there by an accident, but it was the best accident that could have happened for us, the beach is wonderfull, no matter where you go on otres, and the Staff at Done Right is so helpfull and friendly that you can't do anything but feel like home, i am definitely going back for another amazing stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This place is perfect for some, like myself, and others just don't like it.

What this place does right is create a comfortable, kicked-back atmosphere that makes you never want to leave. I stayed for almost a month.

You come here, you chill out, meet some interesting people, read a couple good books, eat some good food, walk 60 metres to the beach, relax some in the comfiest chairs (new cushions), sleep in a simple room for $3/$5 or a funky gel-dome for $15 and you smile cause you're living in paradise.

The only adjustment I had to make was to the facilities. The bathrooms aren't very clean - sand and dirt constantly being tracked in from people doesn't help either. But c'mon, how much of you're day do you spend in there?

What this place doesn't advertise is how environmentally conscious the whole operation is and all the help and charity they give to the local Cambodians. If you're looking to do some good yourself there's a primary school 5 minutes away called Painting Smiles who's always looking for someone to teach English to the kids. I did it for 3 weeks and it was a riot.

Otres is a special place, not a lot of places like it left. You've got to catch it before it's gone and do it at Done Right.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Darby J
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2013

When we arrived to Done Righth we thought it looked really neat with all the little huts and seemed to have a very chill vibe with the kittens running around and everyone smoking a doob. The first night I slept in a bed with blood stains on the sheet and got more bites than I have on my entire trip, I assume from Mosquitos. There were nets but they were quite holey. I really wanted to like the staff but they were really rude to us the entire time and I felt very awkward asking for anything, including ordering food or asking to pay when I left. I overheard one complaining that we hadnt tipped enough when we got food which was quite uncomfortable as they forgot that we had ordered and the food wasnt great when it did show up. the bathroom was just a spout in a dark shed that i splashed on myself a couple times and then gave up. The only person I enjoyed was Ma who was nice enough to make me food even though I'd gotten in late on the bus. Overall would not stay there or suggest it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Aok99
SammyOtres, Owner at Done Right, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello,
First let me say I'm sorry that your stay at my establishment was not up to yours or our expectations.

Regarding the stains on your sheets, those are dye issues that occur because of the water we have on this beach, and sometimes the sheets get little dots or marks on them. Regarding the mosquito net, we check them daily, and I feel its unfortunate that you did not bring any of your complaints up with us. Though as you feel that all the staff was rude to you, that may be reason not to.

Regarding tips, this sounds strange to me, as we do not charge people after a meal, everything goes on to your tab, and is payed at the end, and we don't speak about or expect tips.. Also, we have no one named Ma, thats one of the neighbouring places, we do have our chief of staff called Mom, but she only works in the mornings. Perhaps you confused us with some one else?

In any case, I would appreciate any information you could give me regarding how long you stayed and in which room, and what the staff looked like that were unpleasant, so that I can take appropriate action to make sure it does not happen again,

Best,
Sam
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Done Right lives up to its name. Perfect beach location, great friendly atmosphere and a contagious chill out vibe. An ideal place to relax, unwind, eat good food away from home and exchange friendly banter in good company (as well as have the occasional beach party :) ). As a solo female backpacker on a budget, I thought Done Right was very good value for money and felt extremely comfortable. Otres beach is rural Cambodia so don't expect luxuries in the area as a whole. But the Done Right staff and beautiful beach will make you feel at home straight away and you wouldn't want to leave. I am definitely going back there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo