“Modern hotel centrally located with great pool -good value!”

Grand Sihanoukville Hotel
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Sihanoukville
Oslo, Norway
“Modern hotel centrally located with great pool -good value!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed for a week in Grand Sihanoukville Hotel in the Tulip room with mye boyfriend and had a great experience! The hotel has modern rooms and is centrally located close to Serendepity and Occheutal beach, walking distance to pleny of beach bars and restaurants and a great place to stay if you want to see the beaches to the north and the south of Sihanoukville. Good size of the room that had the aminities you need- and a large, comfy bed! The staff was helpful and especially Mr.Cheng was very helpful when arranging transport when we went to Thailand. Really nice swimming pool! All in all- good value!

Thank you for a great stay at the hotel- we will definetely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand S, Manager at Grand Sihanoukville Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Bente F,

We do thank for your review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We hope to see you here again and will give you a warm welcome back to our hotel.

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Pagna
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Santarcangelo di Romagna, Italy
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Priviet, Travellers. " Tulip", was the name of our room. One of 4 upgraded rooms. Nice, but not to big. The bed is in the corner, so, who sleeps near the corner, to go down must reach the bottom of the bed, or jump over the partner !!! " To fly ... no possible, yet !!! Fridge in the room with two bottle of water, each day, free of charge. No buffet. Breakfast with menu', enough. Staff ok, except mr Chang, at the desk. One day I had to phone in the city of Sihanouk and he told me that I could do it by my room. So, I tried, but it was impossible. Asking at a room maker the reason, she told me that the telephone of the hotel served only the other rooms, no more !!! I asked at mr Chang explanations, he answered that he knew it, but he was stressed and he didn't want people in front of the desk of reception !!! Unbelievable !!! A bit far to the center. Walk or tuc-tuc. Safe city in the night. Good pool, never used, the sea is better. Good value, exept mr Chang.

Room Tip: The rooms not upgrade are bigger, expecially with two beds.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aloba3591
GrandShvHotel, Owner at Grand Sihanoukville Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Aloba3591,

First I would like to thank you for your review. It really helps us to improve our product and the guest experience.

To comment on the things you mention, we due recognize your comments and will take this to us and adjust routines for improvement.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back any time soon, with a new and improved product.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I sure that this hotel has better rooms but be careful my room was a "disgrace.!
It was dirty.. the dooner had recent blood stains and seman stains the pillows.. smellt of a man's hair oil the room was noisy located under the main stairs (no lift at this hotel) no room safe as per the picture of room no coat hangers etc the room was old stuffy and in need of repair.I asked for another room but none available so checked out after one night although I had booked for 5 nights ...the hotel refused a refund the management at this hotel are misleading cheats
My recomendation give this hotel a big miss!
as a Senior Contributer and a frequent traveller this room was the worst I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
GrandShvHotel, Owner at Grand Sihanoukville Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear rcj957,

Thank you for your opinion of the hotel.

I am deeply sorry that you felt that your room was in a such a bad standard and did not live up to your expectations. We are working each and everyday to create a good value for the guests that are staying here, and everything starts with the room.
I am a bit surprised that you think that me and my team are misleading as we wish to really find a good solution for every guest that feel that they are unhappy with something.

I do not recall your particular incident and would be happy if you could contact me to see what went wrong here. If booked through a third party booking channel the booking policies state that the guest is unable to cancel the reservation while staying here unless given a sufficient reason on site.
So I really hope you contact the hotel again to sort this thing out.

Once again, apologies for your inconvenience while visiting.

Rasmus, Owner/General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Sihanoukville hotels

Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This hotel is a bit isolated in a dark road. The services are bad and staff are not professional. Most of them can't speak English. There has never been enough tables for breakfast and you may have to wait very long at the table to have poor quality breakfast.

I found several dead flies on my bed after I checked in. Shower and toilet are not separated. A/c is not working properly.

Please don't waste your money here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear VNTraveler45,

Thank you for your opinion about our hotel. Your opinion is valuable to us and we really appreciate that you took your time!

Regarding your room and your experience at our hotel, I am deeply concerned with what you mention here. We work on a daily basis to improve the very things you bring up.
We have taken this up internally to overlook routines and competence at our hotel.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to us, to show our improved product within a few months.

Have fantastic day!

Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel situated a short walk from the beach, with short distance to a variety of restaurant.
The hotel and it's staff provided all the needed services for a pleasant stay, including clean rooms and an enjoyable breakfast(included).
The swimming pool area is my personal favorite facility with its calm surroundings, and a perfect place for a drink during the day:)
Thank you, GSVH!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Wigzen,

We really appreciate your review and feedback, and like that you enjoyed your stay here.

We hope that your travels goes well, and that we get the chance to welcome you back anytime soon!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Loved the pool at this hotel, but found it to be pricey for the small rooms which are outdated. Whilst its a short walk to the actual beach, walking to the main shopping strips on Serendipity takes about 15 minutes... At night, this end of the beach is very quiet and we didnt feel safe walking so expect to take a tuk tuk.

If you're looking for a quiet, beautiful beach try Otres, or if you want the hustle and bustle of Serendipity, stay closer to the action!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
GrandShvHotel, Owner at Grand Sihanoukville Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear 1takemesomwhere_,

Thank you for your review of the hotel! It really helps us to improve our product and get our service to where we want it to be.

There are different views on the location. Some of our guests love that it is a nice and quiet area not to close to the bars, where as some would prefer to stay closer to the tourist area. I am glad we are different =)
As far as location goes, I can not do anything with that, but you are also mentioning the rooms which I in some degree agree with you. As one of the owners, we are in motion to update the rooms and increase the value.

I sincerely hope that we get the chance to welcome you back with a new and improved product!

Rasmus, General Manager/Owner
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Our family had 5 nights here and really liked it. Big spacious family room, loved the pool, friendly and super helpful new management. Was in quiet part of town but only 10 mins walk or $2 tuk tuk to all restaurants etc. Otres beaches best by far rather than the local one. Would have given 5 stars but still has a few things to develop which the owners are already onto such as staff language skills and the breakfast food, would be good to have choice of cereal. However overall a great hotel, did I mention the great pool........

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GrandShvHotel, Owner at Grand Sihanoukville Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear deardougal,

Thank you for your review!

I hope you and your family have pleasant travels the next few weeks and that we have the opportunity to welcome you back next season with a new and improved product!