“pure bliss” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adventure Charters Cambodia Day Trips - CLOSED

Adventure Charters Cambodia Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Charters Cambodia offers private boat charters, day trips and island accommodation on one of Cambodia's most beautiful islands, Koh Ta Kiev.Our famous day trips take you on an unforgettable journey through an archipelago of jungle covered islands to Koh Ta Kiev, a large and infrequently visited island just an hour from Sihanoukville. Enjoy a morning of snorkelling and fishing, then indulge in an exquisite Cambodian seafood lunch. Relax on the beach in the afternoon or trek across the island to a traditional Cambodian fishing village.Departs Otres Beach in Sihanoukville at 9am and returns at 5pm.Island camping and beach-front bungalows are available. See our website for more information.
Battambang, Cambodia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“pure bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

My group of 12 khmer friends and I had decided to charter a boat for one day, instead we ended up sleeping for 2 nights in the fantastic camp, because we loved it so much.

If you're looking for 5 star luxury this is not the place to go, but if you're looking for a chilled out place, to hang with friends, with many activitiesto do, this is the place to be. There are a range of accomidation options, tent, hammock, and in the future some bungalows. There is a bar, and toilet/shower block.

From the first moment of contact with Liam the owner, to getting off the boat at the end of the three days, we were completly looked after and everything taken care of. The owner and his girlfriend, and staff were all fantastic. They worked towards our budget and cooked and prepared all the meals for us. (breakfast bagel, AMAZING, the cooks makes her own bacon)

The acitivities ranged from going fishing off the rocks, snorkling in the reef just outside the camp, spear fishing, clam hunting, jungle trekking, relaxing in a hammock, having drinks at the bar, relaxing on the beach, setting off fireworks. I mean really what more can you ask for. You could spend weeks here and still not do Everything, there is so much to explore.

I would definetly suggest, if you wanted a relaxing time with friends, in an amazing environment, then this is the place to be.

We camped near the main area of the camp, however you can camp anywhere on the 800 metre private beach.

one word to sum up this extrodionary trip would be "unforgettable", will be definetly returning in the future.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank battambangexpat

Melbourne
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed this trip with Liam and the crew!

Got to go to a fishing village for lunch, an untouched island and an empty beach and even caught a variety of fish with some tips and tricks taught from Liam!

Visited January 2012
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Huge disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor we were really looking forward to this tour. Unfortunately the tour was awful. We were told that we would snorkel, fish, set crab traps, go for lunch at a fishing village and trek on the private island. All we dis for the whole day was snorkel and fish for less than an hour and then got dropped off on the owners beach to amuse ourselves. All 6 of us on the tour felt completely ripped off. The owner told us that he no longer took us to the fishing village for lunch as it cost him too much so when we asked him what we would be having for lunch he said chicken curry. I do not eat meat and told him this and his response was 'oh if I had known I would have got you some fish..' Why should I have to tell him I don't eat meat when we were told we were having a fish lunch?! I was given a plate of green beans and an egg instead. $25 to snorkel and fish for an hour where also we fished over the corals where there were no fish so out hooks got caught constantly and he got annoyed. Such a rip off. Needless to say we all decided not to camp. Would never recommend this tour to anyone.!

6 Thank chloepagnello
LMacka, Owner at Adventure Charters Cambodia Day Trips, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Chloe

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I remember the day you came out well and I agree that my trip was not up to standard. I had fired my boat captain two days beforehand and already being short staffed, this impacted on many of the activities including the fishing. Setting the traps was a great part of the tour, but I ceased doing this a while back after having them stolen several times.

I apologise for there not being any fish for lunch and that you were not catered for. Our lunches consist of whatever we can get fresh off the fishing boats in our area. This is normally fish but also includes squid, crab, scallops and prawns. My marketing stipulates "seafood lunch" to give us the flexibility to serve whatever we can get fresh. On the day you came out there was no fish available in the area nor at the markets ashore which is unusual, but we did serve squid with lots of chicken curry, fried asian beans and Khmer omlettes.
I stated that 'I would have provided fish if I had have known you didn't eat anything else' as I would have gone to considerable lengths to cater to you if you had informed me of your eating requirements upon booking. This is mentioned in almost all of my marketing material, I'm sorry you missed it.

It makes my heart sink that I can no longer take my day trip customers to the fishing village. The reason why is because in our 4 months of operation the village have gradually raised their meal prices to a point where they're now costing me over half the ticket price ($25). This caused us to make a considerable loss for many trips and we have had to alter the day trip to bring people for lunch at the only other place we can cook the quality of food that we serve; our camp ground.
As an alternative I offer a 1.5 hour guided walk across the island to the fishing village where the boat picks you up at the end of the day.

I'm afraid you caught us on an off day Chloe. We've only been running this trip for a short while and much has changed from the original trip due to outside influences. This has required us to embrace and adapt at a rapid rate and you just happened to be out here in the middle of one of these adaptations.
My marketing requires refreshing and I am in the process of doing this now but it does take a while. I can assure you that it wasn't my intention to rip you off. If you return to Sihanoukville, I invite you and a friend to take my day trip again free of charge and I am certain you will leave with a very different opinion!

Since your visit we now go snorkeling and fishing at a different (and much better) spot and dine in my camp shortly after midday. After lunch we offer a variety of activities to do on the island including guided treks, barracuda troll fishing, snorkeling, squid fishing off the rocks or relaxing in one of over 30 hammocks strung up along the coast line. I also now have a beach bar with solar powered music and a good variety of drinks on offer along with an activities board and equipment hire shop (included in the ticket price).

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you can return some day to see the difference.

Regards
Liam
Chicago
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A Mix of Excitement and Relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Having spent a few days lounging around at the beach under the Cambodian sun, my wife and I took a day at Adventure Charters Cambodia with Liam. We booked way in advanced via email with Liam and he was prompt and professional about our reservation.

We were picked up on Otres beach and then met out by Liam en route to one of the first stops. Liam took us to a fairly large coral reef off the coast of a nearby island and we had an interesting time snorkeling. Great to see the coral with tons of aquatic plants around, but unfortunately because of overfishing, we didn't see a ton a fish. Of course compared to snorkeling in the Caribbean, this jaunt wasn't quite the same but there was still some nice looking fish to spy. Still great to snorkel about though I would recommend to Liam to invest providing flippers to his guests.

After snorkeling Liam took us to down the reef for some fishing. We had smaller rods and fished with real bait, and ended up catching several smaller fish, reef cod and sunfish types. We threw everything back but it was just nice to sit back and wait for your line to bite.

Finally we headed to a near deserted island for the last leg of the tour. Liam gave us a few options, we could snorkel in another area, walk along some small but beautiful beaches, or take a trek to a mango plantation on the other side of the island. We opted for the trek, and this is real the excitement began. While there was a fairly beaten path we still had quite a few branches and jungle growth to tend with. We made it out with minor scratches in flip-flops but would recommend crocs or shoes (on a side note I have never worn nor seen the appeal in ever wearing Crocs, but in retrospect they would have been perfect for this trek). We trekked for about an hour and a half, and there was a ton of "jungle" scenery to take-in. The wasn't anything too special about the Mango plantation but there was a few people working there and you could buy mangos to eat right there (we didn't). After also hitting up a near-by fisherman's jetty, we made our way back to our starting point. Overall, it was exciting to know we were around some pretty crazy insects, birds, snakes (one slithered right by my foot), and possibly big cats, and made it out in piece. This trek isn't for the faint of heart but its significance will lie in us getting to say "we went on hike in a Cambodian jungle." After the trek we chilled out on one of the beaches but I'm sure Liam would have been cool with us snorkeling or perhaps doing some more fishing.

In the end, I would recommend Adventure Charters and a day with Liam in you want to explore the islands and ocean without the "tour" or tourist structured "booze cruse" feel. I'd go for the fishing and to explore an undeveloped and untouched island. Finally Liam is a great guy and host - he's knowledgeable and is always wanting to make sure you have an enjoyable time.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank TheWindyCityTraveler
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful beaches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Fantastic day trip if you want to see beautiful beaches and escape the crowds! Liam was a great host, and our day included snorkelling, fishing, and an incredible seafood lunch at a traditional fishing village. Would definitely recommend to anyone considering an island trip off Sihanoukville.

Visited December 2011