“Horrible MOMO, Snorkel Centre is more a suitable name for this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Island Divers Cambodia - CLOSED

Island Divers Cambodia
More attraction details
Owner description: Our SSI Dive Center offers try dive programs, scuba diving courses, fun dives and island travel on Koh Seh (about an hour by boat from Kep). While completing your diving program you have a chance to enjoy the remote island feeling as our tiny island, apart from our project, is uninhabited and untouched by tourism. Please note that we are neither a classic dive center nor a resort so we do not offer holidays or accommodation on its own. You can visit our island either on a day trip or stay with us for the duration of your diving course. Accommodation is simple and shared. If you would like more information about the diving possibilities in the area, or to arrange a booking, just contact us and we will be happy to help. Cambodia is Asia's newest dive destination, offering a wholly unique dive experience and a rare opportunity to genuinely explore brand new dive sites!
singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Horrible MOMO, Snorkel Centre is more a suitable name for this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went with a friend to this dive centre after a recommendation.
The boss and the instructor seems fine until we paid the money
we left Sihanoukville and went to Koh Rong Samloem with this guy call MOMO.

he is the 1st PADI certified instructor that goes diving without a signalling device, without a Surface Marker Buoy, without his own torch.

All this has prove that this dive shop doesnt really care about safety. please read on.

We purchase 6 dive in this package.
1st dive, MOMO brought us to a sandy beach with a depth of 5 metres. claiming that this is for check out and safety. As a dive guide, he expect his group to follow him, that's fair. however, when i have signal for the dive group, consists of Momo, my friend and I, to stop, Momo still went ahead. Eventually he lost me.
Correct me if i'm wrong, when you lost your dive buddy, you can use 5 mins to search. during this 5 minutes of searching, i was hitting my tank hard trying to get attention.
i fail in the attempt to get attention, so i surface, only to be scolded.
So fine. 2nd dive went on normally, than it comes night dive.

NIght dive site is the island's house reef, obviously there is low tide, he knew it. yet there was no intention to change a dive site, or to cancel and give us back a refund.
next worst thing is, he obviously know that there are lots of sea urchins and the reef and rocks are pretty tall in the area. Together with strong waves on the surface, we were doing a night dive at a depth of at most 3 metres, trying out best to stay away from sea urchins. most of the time, we are finning into the surface of the water, with our air tanks already above waters.

he also raced through the dive, always losing us. using the dive centre's dive torch which is obviously lousy quality and very dim type, it's quite hard to locate his light even in the dark waters.

so his definition of safety is only to keep his pace, doesn't really matter if you get hit by the sea urchins or not. doesnt really matter if u dive or not. you can dive on water surface apparently.

horrible night dive, however the terror didnt end.

4th dive next day morning, he choose a site that is right in front of an island, facing in the incoming dirty current. with visibility less than 2 metres, this dive was not just horrible in visibility, we have to fight against income current.

from here, it is very obvious that he's not prepared in both equipment and nagivation.

5th dive, i suggest to dive at this site called Corner Bar. more importantly, i suggest this because i knew the island will block off the murky water and current. I was correct, my friend and i had a good dive.

6th dive, i suggest we proceed further inwards to the other end of this island. he agreed.
however, during the dive, he actually swam towards the end of the island. the end that will be hit by murky current. at this time.

at this time, his actions has shown that he is:

1: not prepared;
2: not familiar with the dive sites;
3: not professional;
4: does not apply simple common sense;
5: does not know how to make changes when environment and weather changes;
6: he has breach rules of diving as he brought my friend into a night dive when my friend wasn't certified to do so, and swimming away from my friend leaving him to fend for himself.

This reflect directly at the Snorkel centre.

So if you prefer someone who spoil your dive and holiday, go to them!!

You'll have the unique experience of learning how to snorkel with a scuba tank!!

Visited November 2012
7 Thank Xiaofighter

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BEST TIME EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had such a great time on Koh Rong Saloem with Island divers last summer. I had never dive before when I decided to take my Open Water. I was pretty nervous and scared to do a mistake. Lucky me, I got a great instructor: Wolf. He was very patient and made diving look pretty simple. We just took it step by step. Pretty fast, I started to enjoy my dives. There was so much see. I felt like in a IMAX movie. All the fishes were so pretty, especially the LONGFIN ones! There's no word to describe this adventure. I loved it so much that I decided to continue and to do my Advances Open Water...and my Rescue. This time with Zak. Such a fun guy, but still I felt pretty safe with him. Quickly I fell in love with diving.

Now I'm dreaming to go back and dive again. I miss everything. Diving, the quiet and beautiful island, the villagers and all the small thing like having an iced tea at One's. Life is just so simple and great at the same overthere. I would recommended it to anyone (but be pretty jealous at the same time).

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Delphiniiiiiiiine
Perth, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We shopped around a little but it was the in center training pool that made us first choose island divers, we got to try breathing underwater before taking the 1 and a half hour boat ride to the island which allowed us to get our fears about breathing underwater out of the way, both
myself and my husband were nervous but really wanted to try diving.

we were very lucky with the weather on the day, and our guide explained that we would go to a shallow calm reef to do our discover dive, the coral reef was beautiful and whilst we were doing the skills the instructor explained were needed to allow us to go diving we had lots of small fish swimming around us, it was hard to concentrate on what we had to do as I just wanted to watch the fish, I'd never experienced anything like it, both myself and my husband had not even
snorkeled before, we had never had anyone who had made us feel comfortable enough to go further than we could stand up in the water.

after our first skills dive we had lunch and got a tour of the local village and got to meet with local people involved in protecting the place where we had just been, it was very interesting and made me very proud to be learning to dive with my instructor who was obviously very
much in love with the village and the ocean.

Our second dive was amazing and even though I was still a little scared I held onto my husbands hand as we swam through the coral and saw many colorful fish.

on this trip we did not have time to learn more or start our proper teaching course, but we have both now made the decision to return as soon as possible to go to the next stage and become certified divers.

I can not recommend my instructor, Squeak enough, and want to thank her for giving me an experience i will never forget and showing me what it is really like under my ocean.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank thavy19
“A real feast for your eyes !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

It's nice to actually go diving with people who want you to have a great experience. For me it was my first time diving, the instructor was really calm and really new his stuff. Very very patient guy took the time out to ensure me that everything was fine and to just trust my equipment. We ended up diving for one hour and thirty minuets. We went to a place called house reef. House reef was really cool and absolutely full of life. I'm going back in mid December to do advanced open water. Thanks guys.
If you want a great place to learn to dive you've got to give it to these guys they know there stuff. The water is around 28 degrees lots of colour, great visibility and patient instructors with a really great attitude. What more could you ask for.
Once again thanks guys :)

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome! A verry great expirience...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Diving and learning diving with Island Divers Cambodia was a realy great expirience in my life. I've done my "open water" and my "advanced open water" there and both courses and teachers were great. We had a lot of fun, variety and different dive sites. I've seen a fantastic underwater world with many beautiful plants and animales. I would do it again and I hope that I can get there soon, becaurse I fell in love with the island Koh Rong Samloem. If you have the chance than do it!
Greetings Alina