“Unforgettable experience”
Review of Island Divers Cambodia - CLOSED

Island Divers Cambodia
More attraction details
Owner description: Our SSI Dive Center offers try dive programs, scuba diving courses, fun dives and island travel on Koh Seh (about an hour by boat from Kep). While completing your diving program you have a chance to enjoy the remote island feeling as our tiny island, apart from our project, is uninhabited and untouched by tourism. Please note that we are neither a classic dive center nor a resort so we do not offer holidays or accommodation on its own. You can visit our island either on a day trip or stay with us for the duration of your diving course. Accommodation is simple and shared. If you would like more information about the diving possibilities in the area, or to arrange a booking, just contact us and we will be happy to help. Cambodia is Asia's newest dive destination, offering a wholly unique dive experience and a rare opportunity to genuinely explore brand new dive sites!
Perth, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Unforgettable experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We shopped around a little but it was the in center training pool that made us first choose island divers, we got to try breathing underwater before taking the 1 and a half hour boat ride to the island which allowed us to get our fears about breathing underwater out of the way, both
myself and my husband were nervous but really wanted to try diving.

we were very lucky with the weather on the day, and our guide explained that we would go to a shallow calm reef to do our discover dive, the coral reef was beautiful and whilst we were doing the skills the instructor explained were needed to allow us to go diving we had lots of small fish swimming around us, it was hard to concentrate on what we had to do as I just wanted to watch the fish, I'd never experienced anything like it, both myself and my husband had not even
snorkeled before, we had never had anyone who had made us feel comfortable enough to go further than we could stand up in the water.

after our first skills dive we had lunch and got a tour of the local village and got to meet with local people involved in protecting the place where we had just been, it was very interesting and made me very proud to be learning to dive with my instructor who was obviously very
much in love with the village and the ocean.

Our second dive was amazing and even though I was still a little scared I held onto my husbands hand as we swam through the coral and saw many colorful fish.

on this trip we did not have time to learn more or start our proper teaching course, but we have both now made the decision to return as soon as possible to go to the next stage and become certified divers.

I can not recommend my instructor, Squeak enough, and want to thank her for giving me an experience i will never forget and showing me what it is really like under my ocean.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank thavy19

“A real feast for your eyes !!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It's nice to actually go diving with people who want you to have a great experience. For me it was my first time diving, the instructor was really calm and really new his stuff. Very very patient guy took the time out to ensure me that everything was fine and to just trust my equipment. We ended up diving for one hour and thirty minuets. We went to a place called house reef. House reef was really cool and absolutely full of life. I'm going back in mid December to do advanced open water. Thanks guys.
If you want a great place to learn to dive you've got to give it to these guys they know there stuff. The water is around 28 degrees lots of colour, great visibility and patient instructors with a really great attitude. What more could you ask for.
Once again thanks guys :)

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome! A verry great expirience...”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Diving and learning diving with Island Divers Cambodia was a realy great expirience in my life. I've done my "open water" and my "advanced open water" there and both courses and teachers were great. We had a lot of fun, variety and different dive sites. I've seen a fantastic underwater world with many beautiful plants and animales. I would do it again and I hope that I can get there soon, becaurse I fell in love with the island Koh Rong Samloem. If you have the chance than do it!
Greetings Alina

3 Thank AlinaKlomfass
Munich, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best tour in Sihanoukville”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My trip to the Island Koh Rong Samloem with Island divers was the highlight of my tour through Cambodia. My dive instructor was so much fun. He showed us all the great dive sites around the island and taught us how to dive responsibly. The dive sites we visited are absolutely stunning.
Also, we were shown around the village on the island, which is the cutest little village I've ever seen. The staff from island divers is really friendly and cooperative - no matter how experienced you are as a diver. I had a great time and can really recommend this trip to anyone who loves to dive or who always wanted to learn how to do it.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Tanita1993
Langenargen, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Experince the real cambodia”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Diving with island divers is one of the best joys I made in my Cambodia trip.
Not just that the dive spots are amazing. Also the experience I made by visiting the beautiful Island Samloem, were you can relax between the dives on a lovely beach, take a walk through the sleepy small fishing village or speak to the friendly villagers about their daily live, was absolutely worth it. My Dive Instructor was really friendly and helpful, even between the dives he told us about the village live and the marine conservation project which is located on the island and sponsored by island divers.
when you ever get the chance to make a trip with them: go for it! It´s absolutely worth it!
Greets Daniel