“Nice place but the staff could be better”

and 1 more site!
Serendipity Beach Resort
Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Sihanoukville
“Nice place but the staff could be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

The hotel is very nice, but construction every morning at 7 am woke me up. I asked the staff if they could not work so early and they said they only work around noon and they would not work early the following day. That was simply not true since the construction started promptly at 7 am the following day. Overall I would say it will be a nice place if the staff is more truthful and when the construction stops. I was also told they were full when I only saw perhaps ten other people during my stay. It is located in a great place and very close to the beach.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tripletravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel and poolside rooms themselves are great. Four star accommodation if not more, but the staff are one star. They are rude, unhelpful and need to be given a lesson on how to treat their guests - especially families.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Psymon_76
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

As the word Serindipity means.."PLEASANT SURPRISE" and that is exactly what you will find at
"The Serindipity Beach Resort"
We fell apon this beautiful Resort August 2011. They had not long opened and were still adding a few finishing touches whilst we were staying there.
The hospitality of the staff was amazing, not to mention the hotel manager. The rooms were spotless and the pool sparkling every day. The size of the pool is out of this world!
At the time of staying in 2011 they had not quite completed the restaurant so unable to eat there, but this time there is even something else that will cause a SENRINDIPITY for us!!!
Nothing was any trouble when we asked and the staff were always ready with that beautiful
Khmer smile.......So that is why we have rebooked and heading back to this beautiful and very affordable Resort with my family in July this year!! CAN'T WAIT.........

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor overlooking the magnigicent Serindipity Beach..Slept soundly (I am a VERY...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sharon B
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Wow. Serendipity Beach Resort has made a few small changes and it is now just perfect.
The rooms are fantastic as always, it has the cleanest and most wonderful pool I have found in Cambodia, the most comfortable pool furniture I have found anywhere in the world, it is spotlessly clean, it now has a buffet breakfast available for a minimal charge and they have increased the security so that I can happily take my family and friends there. It is possibly the only hotel in Sihanoukville that discourages sex tourists - they are not welcome or allowed at this hotel. This does not mean you can not stay with your girlfriend, it just means you can not bring in prostitutes. There is a big difference.
For the price, this place is unbelievable (an average of $38 depending on the room) You get the backpackers wanting a night or 2 of luxury, the pool and comfort but mostly the hotel caters for the many families, couples and short term travelers just wanting to enjoy the sun, beach, fresh seafood in abundance and the fun atmosphere that Serendipity Beach has to offer in a safe and comfortable environment.
Did I mention that the Hotel is 20 meters from the beach at the busy end of Serendipity. Everything you might want or need is just outside the door. Unbelievable.
All the beach bars and restaurants are within a few minutes walk. The pier is 20 meters away , parking is available and the road is now paved. There is little or nothing that you could seriously find at fault in this hotel.
Please consider reviews when you read them. I wish the manager of this hotel had posted a reply to my last review and I offer my sincerest apology. I thought that we had an item stolen. Having returned, the manager was kind enough to show me that there was no possible way that what I thought had happened, actually happened. The hotel has a safe in every room, cameras everywhere outside and is one of the safest I have stayed at. The room staff on my floor have been there for all my stays and I trust them entirely. We lost an item on our trip and due to a series of circumstances, thought it was stolen from the room. It was not and could not have been stolen from the room when and how I thought. The chances are that we left it in a taxi. At the time I was in a rush and the people able to help me understand were not yet at work. In a rush, being hot and flustered, having had a bad experience with a Tuk Tuk driver, language problems and the like can wear us all down in Cambodia and we can make quick conclusions, blame the wrong people and get angry easily. The Khmer staff can misunderstand the western manner and feel we are being aggressive. We can misread the passive Khmer attitude as being despondent or not paying attention. If you read a bad review regarding this hotel, I will put money on the fact that there is another entirely different side to the story. Read between the lines. The Manager of the Hotel is a great guy, very friendly and professional and will be more than happy to address your concerns. This is a great hotel.

Room Tip: If you are very sensitive to noise as I am, choose rooms on the pool side of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank thelovelyasia
Melbourne vic aus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

We found this accolmmodation realy great, however personally I could not take full advantage of the beautiful pool, as once I was in I could not get out very easily, ( being somewhat disable with my arthritis) It would have been great to have a hand rail to help.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joan W
Siem Reap, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

This hotel has a huge, clean swimming pool, a/c rooms, bathtubs in the rooms (first bathtub I've seen in Cambodia), great hot showers, comfy beds, satellite tv, and our 4th floor balcony has an amazing view of the Gulf of Thailand. And it's $40 a night! Pretty amazing by western standards.

The cons: there is no elevator, so if you want an amazing sea-view room you will be climbing a lot of stairs (I don't mind as my vacation diet is pretty french fry heavy). There are annoying signs everywhere about the rules in the hotel -- no smoking, quiet, no drugs, no prostitution, don't make a mess on the towels, etc.. We had to pay in advance at the Royal Palace Hotel in Phnom Penh in order to book the room, and when we arrived without our receipt it was quite a problem for the woman who checked us in; however once we got the manager involved it was smoothed over quickly (I think -- will edit this review if necessary). The wall in our room is painted bright orange, which I don't find very romantic. The worst con for us though is that the internet didn't work, except sporadically and then only for one of us. I ended up using the edge network from my bf's phone -- which is very slow.

All in all, it's a good deal, and it's very nice to have a/c, a comfy bed, great hot showers and a pool to lounge in and around. Having better guest service and working hi-speed internet would make this hotel exceptional. Hopefully someone will read the reviews on tripadvisor soon and make improvements.

Room Tip: amazing view of the sea on one side, view of the pool on the other side. some rooms open right on to...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shonna H
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here nearly a week and enjoyed every monent of our stay our room was about $37 and worth every penny...
Great value for money and after travelling asia for three months this was the second to last home we had in asia and it was by far the best in terms of asthetic, staff and the personal touch. The quality of cleaning in rooms was great a fresh supply of everything daily: toothbrush, shampoo, body wash, comb, shower cap, loo paper, soap (all this is very rare in asia) fantastic pool, great T.V. quite the luxuary after 3months of no T.V. whatsoever, air con, bath(again very rare in asia) power shower, hot water. Just fantastic....

Thank you all at Serendipity Beach Resort for giving the the cherry on the cake in Cambodia. Especially the Night Manageress who was very helpfull indeed.

Charlotte Ford :)

Room Tip: Go for the Pool View you can just walk straight out and make yourself tea when you please as if it i...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple