“excellent value!”

Serendipity Beach Resort
Ranked #27 of 74 Hotels in Sihanoukville
Reviewed November 27, 2011

just finished 5 nights at this resort and without question the best value around. This is a new grand hotel right near the beach. Very large well appointed rooms with a beautiful oversized washroom including luxury shower and bath. Nice quiet air conditioning. A fantastic 100 foot pool. We found the service good and staff excellent. This is our fourth time to Cambodia and this was by far the best accomodation we have had in this price range!

Room Tip: no elevator - if you dont like stairs choose a lower level floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank hilary h
There are newer reviews for Serendipity Beach Resort

Reviewed November 17, 2011

What can I say, at USD$30 per night for creature comforts I almost had to pinch myself. If you were after sea views I think you would pay more.The rooms were huge, as was the bathroom and the pool...30mtrs! Only a short strole (3 mins) to the water and resturants/bars. Very comfortable and clean and the aircon worked a treat and was quiet. Such as the other reviews, the staff were a bit 'standoffish', not rude by any means, almost like they had their 'Training wheels' on. I doubt the price will remain the same for long as the airport is opening up quite soon. You can get cheaper rates elsewhere, but for $30 per night, why the hell would you! And you can pay by the day!
Enjoy.

Room Tip: Go the ground floor, no stairs when you've 'had a few'.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2011

For a bargain USD30 there is no need to look any further. Even if you are a back packer in for the longhaul you should treat yourself! Big swimming pool and well appointed rooms, this quality of hotel would cost significantly more elsewhere. The massive bathroom even has a Western sized tub for two and remote control privacy screen for the gadget minded. oh yeah it is only 2mins to the beach and other goodies...

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Boothtel
Reviewed October 30, 2011

The hotel looks really new. The rooms are spacious and you can have a choice of a sea-view or pool-view room. The ones at the pool seem to be slightly better than the ones with the sea-view, which is why we chose the pool one initially. Unfortunately, my fiance found out that the door of the pool-view room is not safe. He could open it from the outside even if it was locked. We had to change it for a safer option.

The hotel didn't offer any breakfast which is not that disturbing but there should be a choice, I suppose.

The rooms are nice, there is a security box, and I really enjoyed the bathroom.

When it comes to the reception service, I have a few 'buts.' A few women seemed to be arrogant whenever asked to do anything. There is a lot of rules and you might feel uncomfortable listening to what you can't do and if you do anything there will be an extra charge. Warning about restrictions will stop some customers from re-visitting the hotel.

I can't forget to mention a wonderful situation which happened to us. We got food poisoning and we were so ill that we had to be taken to the hospital. One of the receptionists (with curly hair) who phoned for an ambulance, visited us in the hospital on her day off. She asked us if we needed anything. She also organised a free ambulance back to the hotel. That was a highlight of our holidays. We are really grateful for such hospitality.

Overall, the standard of the rooms is quite high but the customer service needs to be worked on.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank consciousDecisions
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Great place and the rooms are really nice. True the fit and finish of the hotel is pretty poor. Anyway, I suppose you have to be fair. The price is great, but service is not so. I am not quite sure if I would stay here again, still have a few days left to make up my mind. At the moment.........I will reserve my judgement until I check out.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 20, 2011

If you go to Sihanoukville, want to stay within 3 minutes from the beach in a luxurious hotel....then Serendipity Beach Resort is the place for you. The staff are excellent, the room is luxurious and even the bathroom is fit for a king. It is beautifully furnished and has a seaview....even from the bathroom. If you need privacy, an electric shade comes down to cover the window between the room and bathroom. The swimming pool is so clean and refreshing, especially after a day at the beach. I stayed there ten days and wish it could have been longer, but I needed to travel on to Viet Nam. This area has everything you need for an excellent holiday. I couldn't believe the price for such a nice hotel. I have travelled all over the world and have never found a hotel at this quality for this price.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room. each room has large flat screen t.v. as well. It doesn't get much bett...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Ray Z
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We never had any issues with dirty / missing towels and sheets as has been reported, but reading the reviews on Trip Advisor made us paranoid enough to look after them.

The hotel itself is great! Clean well appointed rooms, a great pool and super cheap price! The staff certainly need more training on their service and friendliness and the wi-fi was slow and kept on booting you off after a few minutes.

Despite this, we enjoyed our stay and will look to return in the near future!

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are the best
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family