Benny's Boutique Hotel
Sou Ching Hotel(Sihanoukville)
  • Room Service
Guesthouse171(Sihanoukville)
View Hotel
Don Bosco Hotel School(Sihanoukville)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I returned to Cheers in January 2013. I previously posted a review last year and gave it top marks, but I thought I'd just update a few more observations.

The standards are still impeccable, the hotel spotless, the food great, and the staff most helpful.

There's a lovely guy called Steve now who manages the hotel in the mornings, so breakfast can be served earlier than last year. This enables Les to keep the bar open later in the evening if there are still guests requiring a drink.

There have been some changes to the other staff, but they're all great.

Again, this was the highlight of my holiday in Cambodia. I didn't want to leave and will probably be returning next year. If you're reading this and wondering if it's really worth the effort to include Sihanoukville in your trip...in my opinion it most definitely is. Fantastic place.

Additional -

If you find yourself eating out at the Italian over the road, then he now makes his own Limoncello and Orange equivalent which is absolutely delicious. He'll even sell you a bottle for $10.

I also ate out at a new restaurant called Niamh which is next to B-zone. They serve Asian food which I thought was exceptionally good. So good in fact that I did their cooking course the following morning, which was great. I think it was $25 and you do four courses. Recommended.

Thanks to Les, Steve and co for another wonderful holiday. Love the new ionised pool.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. I loved the room I had this time which was ground floor, facing the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank andywlon
CheersCambodia, Owner at Benny's Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thanks, it’s good to see in 2013 people still appreciate good standards, service & quality, looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

When planning our birthday trip to Cambodia, my partner and I stumbled upon the Cheers website. Even though it's scheduled debut wasn't until a week after our trip, they welcomed us with open arms and chilled champagne! This is but a hint at the hospitality and fabulousness that is Cheers Cambodia! Amidst all the craziness of the final construction, they still welcomed us into our immaculately clean room, with fresh fruit and flowers. This chic boutique hotel, with it's luxurious details and extravagant bar, is a destination in itself in the laid back atmosphere of Sihanoukville. Attentive staff, knowledgable concierge, on site security, and by the looks of the high-end kitchen being installed and it's decadent menu, Cheers Cambodia is a golden treasure at the end of any rainbow.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChaeAmando
CheersCambodia, Owner at Benny's Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hi,

Nice to see a review from you as you were our first customers / friends here at Cheers Cambodia, I know you are very busy & it’s very nice for you to find the time to give us a review, thanks.

I know you are planning to come back soon, you will see so many changes, including our fabulous chemical free swimming pool with 6 metre Jacuzzi & huge waterfall, many big improvements in many areas, in room safes, led lit shower heads, more gardens, changes to our huge bar with great drinks, music, music video’s & fabulous food, we are constantly improving & adding new features for the comfort of our guests, we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed only 1 night at Cheers but should have stayed longer. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very kind. The hotel has a large pool in front which was very enjoyable. The room rates are reasonable. If you are wanting to relax and have a good time, then Cheers may be the place. We enjoyed the bar and the staff was very friendly. Les, the owner, was very hospitable and kind to us during our stay. We would definitely stay at Cheers again. The breakfast was simple, fresh and satisfying. Thanks to everyone at Cheers for a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Choose room 8 which is the room with a balcony and it overlooks the pool area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank J M
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Thanks for great time during the last night of the year 2012. Tons of fun in bar!!! It was my best New Years Eve in last decate! The accommodation is great, comfortable and clean. And our host Less simply unforbettable! Stay there, it is worth doint it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vaclav_10
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during Xmas/New Year 2012/13 after hearing about the place from a friend.

I want to thank the wonderful host, Les and his staff for a great stay, I cannot think of anywhere better to spend Xmas/New Years Eve than Cheers. Travelling on my own, I thought it would be a bit of a lonely experience but I was mistaken. Les and his staff made me feel at home and a part of their family. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them.

The room was immaculate and deserving of a 5 star rating. The food available (Western) was fantastic and I would especially recommend their 'Super Burgers', Australian Black Angus Beef... Yummy! :-)

Great hotel aside, what makes a holiday really special is how you are made to feel as a guest.... and I have to give Les and all of the staff 110% on that score. I will definitely return to Cheers if I am in Sihanoukville again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo