“The best days of our vacation...”

Benny's Boutique Hotel
Ranked #51 of 234 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Russia, Far-East
“The best days of our vacation...”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The best days of our last vacation we spent in the South Cambodia. We stayed at Cheers Boutique Hotel. It was the perfect choice! We felt there like home! Les is friendly owner and great person.Hotel is very cosy, quiet and very comfortable for the rest. There are pool, bar with a disco, very good food, drinks, very friendly staff. Our rest there was really unforgettable!

Room Tip: Our room was # 7. Very good.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Travel_ru1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Kampot Province, Cambodia
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed for 5 nights at Cheers. It was my first time staying at Cheers and I was not disappointed. Les (the owner) and the staff were fantastic. Nothing was too difficult for them. I met a couple of other guests while I was there and we spent a few evenings sitting at the long bar talking and listening to Les' great collection of music. The rooms are very spacious, well appointed and are kept very clean. The swimming pool is amazing and a great place to cool down after a day of sight seeing. The food at Cheers is very good too. A short tuk tuk ride and you will be at the popular beaches in no time. I would highly recommend staying at Cheers if you are planning a trip to Sihanoukville.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Kool K
London UK
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Enjoyed a week at Cheers and surprise Les by turning up a day early after my trip overland via Koh Kong from Thailand - But Les and Tan immediately made me welcome and opened the Bar especiallyfor me. The rooms are excellent and the pool area superb.

We visited the beach at Otres every day (we found this to be the best) and our driver was attentive of our needs. The evening usually ended in the Disco after frequenting the Bar at Cheers first and as Tan made several journeys there with us we ususlly ended with late night caps back at Cheers before Sleep.

Les is an excellent host and the food is to be commended. The boys made several visits and joined us in the disco - everyone of the has their own great characters !!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Steve R
USA
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Wow....what a week! I can honestly say that my week at Cheers was one of the most memorable in my life! First...about Cheers itself...Les (the owner) spared no expensive when he open Cheers. The place is awesome. The rooms are spacious and spotless...the showers are big (with room for MULTIPLE people). The place feels like home.
Now about the experience...I was there in June...the low season. I was the ONLY guest there for an entire week. But wow....I felt like a KING. They had "normal" food (not Khmer)...which was a very pleasant feature..It was so nice to have a bacon cheeseburger after being in Asia for 6 weeks!

Since I was the ONLY person staying there I was a bit disappointed that I would miss out on some of the "features" I saw on the Cheers website...such as the all male cabaret show. But Les called the boys and had a show just for me! It was awesome. The boys are sooooooo friendly....the drinks are reasonably priced (and I drank a LOT of tequila). Not only was the show great...but the boys so kindly accompanied me in the pool. It's a great pool...with a waterfall and rainbow colored lights.

The week I spent there was more like a fantasy than reality. I will definitely be back to live in this wonderful fantasy world again. Thank you so much....Les...Sammy....Ton...Ping Pong...Tan...Daro...and Sam. You all gave me an experience I will remember FOREVER!!!

If you are remotely close to Cambodia...don't miss out on this experience!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are a nice size.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank R T
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We had a great experience at Cheers. Les the owner is remarkably attentive and fun, and we had a boys night out on the town one night during our stay (bar, discos, etc...). Rooms are spacious and clean; staff is friendly; food, drinks and pool are excellent as well. The hotel itself is a short ride to many different beaches - Otres Beach is the best in my opinion. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank TREIBS67
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Cheers is actually a guesthouse but we did not stay there. Though we only ate there once I feel strongly enough to write a review and give a high rating based only an incredible burger. After traveling through Southeast Asia we were looking for something other than rice and wanted a good burger. Les the owner told us it was the best and he wasn't telling a lie. I can honestly say it was one of the best burgers i have ever eaten. The bar/restaurant itself is a nice out of the way break from the rest of Sihanoukville. It is very private with a huge pool which we took a quick dip in after dinner. The guest house looks nice as well. Les and his staff were very attentive and friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Jordan N
Northolt
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I've just returned from a wonderful two week holiday in Cambodia, the final four nights of which were spent in Cheers.

The hotel itself is perfect. A lot of money has been spent on it to ensure that the rooms, the bar, and the pool are spot on. You may be able to get cheaper accommodation but you get what you pay for and I found the prices to be very good when you consider what you are getting. It's lovely to get away from the screaming kids, the families, and the penny-pinching backpackers trying to exist on 50p a day.

It's very often the people that make a holiday though and I was very lucky to meet a couple of other guys at the bar who were also staying in Cheers. We explored the island together, and went out in the evening (always ending up back at the Cheers bar. Les, the owner,and Mr Tan are very good at making sure you are looked after when you're drinking at the bar and get the guests talking to each other. It's a very comfortable atmosphere and I would go to the Cheers bar even if I weren't staying there. He also helps you get tuk tuks (reasonable prices) to where you need to go, gives advice, and books taxis for you for longer distances (such as Phnom Penh, 60 dollars). Recommend getting a tour of Sihanoukville by Mr Sok (tuk tuk driver, great guy). He'll show you around on your first day and take you to all the beaches.

Overall, the best part of my holiday and I would most certainly go back. Other recommendations -

1. There's a small Italian place for food just down the road (5 mins walk) which is very good (more cafe than restaurant).
2. Unfortunately, the chinese restaurant a bit further down from the italian is terrible (truely awful).
3. If you find yourself near B-Zone in the evening you could try eating in Happy Herb Pizza (terrible name given that it does all sorts of food) which is very good. You eat outside, and the vodka and red bulls are only a dollar each.
4. The food in Cheers is very good too, breakfast and dinner, which you would expect given that the owner used to be a chef.
5. You can get a tuk tuk to the main beach for about 3 dollars. Not expensive.

Room Tip: Room 8 has a private balcony and the window overlooks the pool. All the rooms are nice though. Love...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo