“excellent”

EcoSea Dive Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: EcoSea Dive offers all PADI and SSI dive courses, from Open Water Diver to Divemaster. Daily fundives and overnight stay in our bungalows on Koh Rung Sanloem. Affordable internship options available for divers looking to go pro and make diving their living.
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Scenario: I did a two day dive course (advanced open water).

Diving: My instructor Chris was the best instructor i have had in all my 12 years of diving! he was patient, clear with instruction, well considered and thorough with planning and safety. without doubt an exceptional instructor, this for me has been a non-existent experience when diving throughout south east asia.

The diving itself was great - fish life and coral to explore. also options for night diving.

Resort: I arrived with island hosts welcoming me with a friendly handshake and wide brimmed smile. i felt at home instantly. extremely lovely people.

The food was good, simple and easy.

The rooms (dorm) was a hut next to the waters edge. i had a spacious double bed that was comfy, clean and very relaxing and soft after diving all day.

conclusion: i had an excellent two days diving and hanging out on the island. I cant speak highly enough of my instructor and hosts on the island. a must do trip, especially for the price.

1  Thank MattHHA
EcoSeaDive, Owner at EcoSea Dive Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2012

Hi Matt

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m very happy to hear you had a good time with us out on the island and think highly of our staff. We’re very pleased indeed to have Chris on board as our instructor. Reviews like yours remind me I need to pat his back soon! Thanks for sharing your opinion with others!

The best regards,
Kyoko Ohashi

Reviewed December 31, 2011

Here's my opinion about ecosea dive

*good dive equipment (some of it was brandnew)
*very good and nice instructors
*crap boat (but did the job)
*bad organisation (although the crew will take care of you)
*food is fine (I liked it, but it's not special or so and not much to chose from)
*price is good (cheaper than some others)
*accomodation is simple and the private bungalows a little overpriced (15 dollars/night extra for a simple bungalow)
*the location on the island where you sleep is very nice (they own a small part of the island which we really liked)

In conclusion, if you're on a budget I think it's good to go to EcoSea dive. I'm sure you'll have a nice time there. However, I can imagine that if you don't mind to spend a bit more, maybe other dive schools (which I didn't see myself of course) are better.

By the way, I got my advanced at EcoSea dive and my boyfriend his open water. EcoSea dive had the best offer for us (I compared with Scuba nation and The dive shop), although it's worth to shop around. I did already more dives in the past and I think EcoSea dive could do better (regarding their organisation, boat and more diverse food), but they are perfectly fine if you don't want to spend more money and still want to learn to dive (as a good boat and more diverse food is not necessary to learn good diving I think).

I hope this was usefull.

1  Thank J_en_M_opreis

We’re very pleased you felt we did a good job with the PADI Open Water Course. We do take pride in having good gear and our instructors are indeed very experienced. When you visited us over Christmas we experienced the worst weather of 2011 and we had to cancel the normal dive schedule for a day. We’re sorry if this came across as being badly organised, but we feel we did the best possible under the circumstances. As noone can help the weather, we think we handled the situation as best and as fairly as possible, by offering you and your eight friends an extra day of accommodation and meals on the island free of charge. This allowed the weather to calm down and provided the sort of safe and calm conditions we feel is suitable for teaching. It did unfortunately lenghten your course by one day. Regarding our boats, we’re very pleased to say our new custom built boat will be ready very shortly. Our old boats do indeed deserve a bit of love and attention, but we do hope you’ll come back and enjoy a trip on our new awesome ride! Thanks for sharing your opinion with us.

Best regards,
Kyoko Ohashi

Reviewed December 26, 2011

My friend Joe and I were chilling out on the beach when we were approached by an Eco sea representative. We had a few days to play with and neither of us had ever been diving so thought why not!

We signed up for the open water deluxe SSI package and it turned out to be one of the best things we did on our holiday. The people at Eco-Sea are so patient and friendly it makes it so easy to learn. Joe and I had Soren as our I structor who was a big friendly giant with the patience of a saint and we got on well immediately.

Staying on the island was like being on another planet, one of the most relaxing places I have ever been. Food was awesome and eating arrangements communal so everyone gets to know eachother sitting round the large dining table.

Would like to thank all the instructors especially Soren and his lovely wife Helle, for having an awesome sense of humour and friendly nature

Best regards,
Callan and Joe
December 2011

1  Thank Calbarbs
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Oh yes this is the good one!!!! Met mine and my friends expectations and far exceeded them. We are a couple of Adventure divers, who are just out to chill dive and have a good time..We stayed on the Island in Huts What an awesome place Entire staff from Dive masters through too cooks were first rate,friendly efficient and a delight to be with. Check your egos in on the mainland and prepare to have some Quality diving with fun and adventure with true passionate divers, Kick back enjoy fresh food and a cool beer at the end of the day. We checked prices and these guys are simply the best bang for your buck...these guys deliver.....Hey any dive beats working but I did dive here with a different operation last year and had a poor experience........Eddie and Hans

2  Thank Eddie O
EcoSeaDive, Manager at EcoSea Dive Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2012

Hi Eddie,

Thanks very much for your super review - it's nice hearing you had a good time with us out on the island. Having you and Hans was great! Please give our best regards to him, and do come out again soon! Next time we'll see if we can't get some good weather for you - you've still got the best to see I think.

Soren Knudsen,
and the rest of the EcoSea gang

Reviewed December 1, 2011

At the end of our trip, my buddy and I wanted to go diving. I am sure the other companies in Sihanoukville have some good stuff as well...we chose EcoSea Dive, because of the night dive they offered and the good value for money ratio. The night dive was awesome, btw!
Already at the shop and immediately upon arrival at the island we hit it off with the diving instructors and the other visitors. The accommodations (we stayed in the dorm) are very clean and the beds are very good. It's eco so don't expect ACs, spas, masseuses... After our "let's pack a full day of diving" day, we had a more relaxing day on the island: sitting in the sun, reading a book, doing a bit of snorkeling. Later in the afternoon, as soon as we took out our frisbee the kids from the nearby village joined the game Some of them showed some pretty good skills! The food we got was very good: nice salads, great fish.

Thanks EcoSea Dive for giving me and my friend a pleasant stay. Next time, we'll bring our girlfriend!

KR
Simon

1  Thank Simon-Klaas

Hi Simon,

Thanks very much for sharing your opinion with others. I'm very pleased you had a good time with us and enjoyed the night dive. You're always welcome back, but you need to keep up your frisbee practise - some of our local employees are getting pretty frisbee-savvy out here!

All the best, safe travels and kind regards
Soren