Mien Mien
  • Breakfast included
$44
$40
Agoda.com
Don Bosco Hotel School(Sihanoukville)
$28
$20
Sahaa Beach Resort(Sihanoukville)
$80
$77
All reviewslovely family run businesshot waterrooms are basiclaundry servicebeautiful beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've stayed here twice once in high season and once in low season. If you want a good budget option thats not a beach hut then Mien Mien is a good choice. It's located near a good part of the beach, near Blame Canada, Moonlight and the other good bars and restaurants. They also have a nice restaurant they run across the road (yellow noodle soup especially good). The guesthouse owners I found to be charming, helpful and very friendly, they also have a good value tour office for move ons (plus free transport to the bus station) and laundry service that not everyone on the beach does. I remember in 2012 there was one lady who was fairly rude in a "can't be bothered" way but I didn't see her this time. The rooms are a decent size, clean and functional with private en-suite. When I was there in low season and a storm hit I was thankful to be in a sturdy property. They are only 15 meters from the beach for the price and location they are good value compared to some that are directly on the beach. As with the last poster I wouldn't let the low score put you off.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Me and my wife were staying for 4 nights and i have NOT experienced any rudeness from anyone. They were welcoming and friendly, gave complementary fruits and food all the time and provided some insights into cambodian live and culture. They also tought us the khmer card game the tuctuc drivers play all day.
Ok, the rooms were indeed not clean and due to food and crackers in my bagpack we had nightly visitors. But honestly, what do you expect when you are staying in a bamboo hut 5meters from the ocean? I have heard worse stories about other places down the street.
It is far away from western standards, but we had a good time and can recommend the rooms (on the other side of the street).

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here in November 2012. Otres might have changed a lot since then but back then this guesthouse was a very good pick: nice rooms, well functioning A/C, hot water and comfortable beds. I liked the location as well. I stayed here for 4 nights. What I didn't like is that they did not clean the room once when I was there or changed the towels. That's fine if you pay around 8 USD per night. At Mien Mien I payed around 18 USD. I think for this price they could offer to change towels and clean the room... But otherwise, it was a fine accomodation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I moved here after a bad nights sleep elsewhere. I was incredibly pleased with the bungalow I got. It was basic, just a large double bed, coat-rack and table with an en suite bathroom and it was on the beach front. The shower was cold water but good pressure and toilet paper was provided (a rarity on Otres Beach). The bed was very comfortable with a mosquito net that I did not have to use. The beach itself was full of ants but I did not have a single ant nor any insects in the room. It even had wifi both in the room and on the beach - I could even connect whilst sat on a sun lounger (I did this simply for novelty value - I'm not addicted to the internet). There was a pregnant lady whose family were running it. She was lovely and her husband later drove me via tuk tuk into town.It was one of the children's birthday one evening and the husband came to my bungalow - I was sat on my porch, to give me a plate of party food. Crab sticks and spring rolls amongst other things. What really impressed me was the price. The hostels here charge up to $9 per night for dorm and shared bathroom. I got an ensuite double room for $10 per night. I was here during rainy season, the weather was awful but the hospitality was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed for a week but not for the accomodation...
Overall our stay was fine. Staff aren't particularly helpful and the towels were horrendous but for $15 a night it was adequate.
The Mien Mien restaurant opposite is good vaule for money and the staff here are very nice :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple