“Excellent value $8 a night for a double en-suite!”
Review of Mien Mien

Mien Mien
Ranked #85 of 237 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I checked in here late one night (after finding our beach hut at Everything is Everything was infested with cockroaches and red ants and we couldn't sleep there)!
The woman we spoke to was friendly enough - showed us a room before we agreed to stay there. It was a big, double room with a fan and en-suite bathroom. The walls are thin, but we didn't hear any noise from neighbours or anything outside - so slept well. They provide a mosquito net over the bed. The room we stayed in seemed brand new. No dirt and very clean, nice smelling towels and bedsheets. Would recommend if staying in Sihanoukville (personally, I wouldn't bother)!

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at Mien Mien last week after trying a couple of other places that were full along the beach road and instantly regretted it the moment we checked in. We have been travelling for over 2 months in SE Asia and found the staff here to be the rudest we have come across. The rooms are very basic for $10 and both our fan and main light in the room were broken. We told the lady on reception and asked if there was another room free however she just laughed and shouted that they were working. I asked her to take a look in the room herself (which she did begrudgingly) and she shrugged and said someone 'would fix'. We came back from the beach 4 hours later and both were still not working and we were told they could be fixed tomorrow (we were only staying 1 night). At this point an older lady (maybe the receptionists mother?) again started shouting (in Cambodian) and generally just acting very aggressively. We have no idea why. Finally we booked an early bus to get out of there and there was no sign or any staff anywhere at 7.30am which we found very strange. Otres beach is great and has a really nice vibe but there are definitely better accommodation options...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

On arrival at the bungalows we requested a room for four people, the man on reception showed us to a room clearly for two people (only two towels, two pillows and two small beds). We requested another fan. but after the gentleman did not return after 5 minutes we decided that we did not want to stay there. At this point the man became aggressive, demanding that we pay 5 dollars for looking at the room. He threatened to call the police and even grabbed one of the female travellers handbags. In the end we paid the 5 dollars, after more abusive rants and threats of a Cambodian boxing fight. Considering there is cleaner, more spacious accommodation with friendly staff and for cheaper prices only metres away, Mien Mien should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank KirstyJaneB
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed here for two weeks as was great value for the room unfortunately the staff may as well not have been there as they were rude & unhelpful!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Daniel L
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I didn't stay here but was here pretty much everyday to spend time on the beach front and get my day food and drink here. The service is much slower than others but I expected a slower pace in life so it was good and when I was in a rush they know that they can get it to me quicker. The people here is a lovey bunch of characters and made me smile everyday. I did walk up and down the stretch of road to find some where to chill and eat and this is the place for it. You can sit watch the day go pass or people watching or even read a book. If your expecting more with a very busy vibe then you need to find somewhere else. I will defo come back a visit this place, I think everyone expected much more and I didn't so I had a great time here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2011

They sold us tickets to Saigon that were a scam

Whether it's their fault or not, they should be aware of the things they sell.
I wrote them about the bus ticket they sold me but I have received no reply... and I won't.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jose C
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We got to Sihanoukville at the end of a 2 weeks trip in Cambodia. We were happy but also a bit tired. We just wanted to relax, enjoy good seafood, sun, swim in salty water with waves. We found all of this in Otres beach but unfortunately the accomodation was not so good. The rooms were basic but still ok but the service not really good. Both the rench (or at least french speaking) staff and the locals were not very friendly. Very very focused on the money. OK, this is normal but there are ways and ways to do it. You don't need to ask me after 5 minutes if I want to go for a boat trip or if I need bus ticket... Give me the time to relax and then you can nicely ask me if I need any support. Each service provided was not "for free": a surcharge is applied on everything, including the massage on the beach.
I know that there were not so many tourists but would have been more effective to have a more professional still warm approach. Just to make an example, the food at the restaurant was good but we had lunch there only once because the service was not very nice. We preferred to go to other places where locals seemed to be much nicer.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple