“All good!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sihanoukville
Bacchus Guest House
Ranked #145 of 240 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Nice room, great price, cracking bar where you feel part of the things immediately as guests mainly from UK, Oz and northern europe. Mercifully few French (a real scourge in Cambodia). Kind of hotel where you come to stay a day or two and end up staying for weeks. Barbecue at night is great value too, a whole fish, fresh that day from the market, chips, salad for USD 3.

Only complaint is that it's a wrench to leave.........

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Neildo

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Friendly atmosphere. Good sieview. Silent nighttime.Clean and nice room.

reasonable pricelevel. Room between 8-20$. Feb 2012. Happy hour beer 0.5$ for a draft.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank peter n
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed at the Bachhus over the new year period and was very unimpressed. As mentioned in other reviews, my room really needed a good clean, particularly the bathroom which was pretty awful. The sheets and towels needed to be replaced - both were old and stained and I was reluctant to use them. Yes, this guesthouse is cheap, but I stayed in similar priced places in Cambodia that were of an extremely high standard. To make matters worse, I had to spend a lot of time in my room due to a bad bout of food poisoning (although that had nothing to do with Bacchus). On my last night there I was told I had to move rooms as Dave needed to shuffle people around. Not up to arguing, I agreed - only to be put in a room that was in an even worse state than the first one - the cistern lid was missing from the toilet, the sink pipes leaked onto the floor when the taps were turned on and there was cold water only. Yes, I could have (and probably should have!) complained, but I was feeling lousy and I knew that I wouldn't be able to find an alternative place to stay at that time of year. I would highly recommend shopping around and finding a guesthouse that maintains a higher standard of cleanliness.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nicky16
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We checked into the Bacchus after arriving in "Snooky" a few days before New Year's Eve. Most of the rooms in town were already booked so when the owner, Dave, offered us the last one in the place for $8 we jumped on it. The location was good: it's a short walk to Serendipity Beach but feels miles away from the frat rat party scene there. There are restaurants and a market next door...nice and convenient. We stayed in room 102 for two days and can't say what the other rooms in the hotel were like, but 102 was kind of dilapidated. The bathroom door hung from its frame all lopsided, the sink was coming off the wall, and we had a bit of an ant (and one giant spider) problem. Worst was a poo smell we noticed the second we walked in that must come up through the pipes in the bathroom's floor drain. But you know what? Believe it or not we're not complaining! First, this was an $8 room in a popular beach town where rooms are usually much higher, and it felt like an $8 room. We've stayed in enough of them in busy cities to know better than to expect a four star level of cleanliness. That $8 got us a queen sized bed with a good, comfortable mattress, clean sheets that smelled clean too, clean towels, a cold shower, TV with Western channels, free wifi, a quiet fan that kept us cool enough that we never missed AC, and a quiet stay that meant we got to sleep in without earplugs. The poo smell we took care of by running the fan all the time, and it worked. There's a well-stocked book exchange in the lobby and a nice little bamboo bar in the front yard serving 50 cent Angkor pours and nice $2 cocktails. What makes the Bacchus rise above the others is the amazing service given by Dave, his wife, and the rest of the staff. They went way above and beyond our expectations when we needed to find a room somewhere else in town, personally calling friends who might have had one. When I dumped my rented motorbike, they helped us with getting a repair estimate and pointing us to a shop they trusted. Little things like letting us park our scooter inside (in a town infamous for their thefts), great conversation and recommendations, and friendly, smiling service made all the difference. We had to go clear up to Phnom Penh to find a room on New Year's, but we would've stayed at Bacchus longer if we could've. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Dave and the family (including the pup) created a great atmosphere in and around the bar. The room with its closeness to the beach and town was a bargain, I think they all had attached bathroom. The beds and rooms were nice and big. The balconies at the end of each corridor overlooking the beach or street were great places to chew over the travel info provided by Dave. Thanks a lot

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I didn't enjoy this place at all. When I complained to the owner about ants in my room, he just gave me a bug spray and urged me to return it as soon as possible. There were holes in the door and the lock didn't look secure at all. My room was dirty and even after I asked to get it cleaned it was hard to tell the difference between before and after. When I gave them my laundry it took days to get it back. In the end I had to go look for my clothes myself because they had mixed up the laundry of all the guest together. The food was terrible compared to what the rest of Sihanoukville has to offer. The bar is more a hang-out for the owner and his friends than a place welcoming travelers. I will not stay here again. I'm sure these people are full of good intentions but they don't do a good job at running a guest house at all. There are many, many guesthouses in this part of town and this one is, in my opinion, your worst choice.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank BraindeadDodo
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We stayed for about a fortnight... lucked out finding this place. Kim and Dave are lovely warm, friendly folks.
The food in the rest is fantastic!! Really good!!
Good atmosphere in the bar at night...
And the rooms are fine and affordable..
Location - Perfect
Made good friends with the people we met here and they wer repeat visitors..

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends