“Lots of action”

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Lots of action”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is the main beach area lovely white sands, though be careful of the storm water outlets. Otres is a better choice for actually going into the water. Lots of restaurants and bars giving you a wide choice of food and drink and atmosphere. Some action sports here for the adventurous.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Not during the day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

We enjoyed dining here at the beach BBQs ("Beachy" in particular) on an evening with a relaxed atmosphere but certainly did NOT enjoy it during the day.

Waaaay too many hawkers that want to know "Why?" when you say no to buying tat - persistant and very rude. A lot of rubbish visible - I even saw a needle just lying there and kids are playing on this beach. The local advertiser has a no rubbish campaign going on so I dread to think what it was like before. You can't even take a walk down past the restaraunts without being asked into each one - even walking back on the beach itself the staff run out and call at you.

Recommend Otres 2 if you actually want to relax.

1 Thank kiwi_dude_39
Phuket, Thailand
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Seedy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

The beach is a haven for hawkers and seedy bar cum restaurants, we avoided going at night when it becomes a permanent ongoing rave party with all the unpleasantness that goes with those activities.

1 Thank tomuPhuket_Thailand
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Filthy polluted dangerous dump”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Let me first start by saying that Sihanoukville should be avoided for a number of reasons. I was robbed when I was riding my bicycle down the street with my daughter at 9.30am by two guys on a motorbike. My bag was grabbed and I was then dragged along the road behind the motorbike before my bag finally broke and set me free. Otherwise, I'm sure I'd be far worse off that what I was. Take care, they watch you at the ATM and then target you. I've travelled a lot of South East Asia, but this town was just plain yuk. Filthy, dirty, full of desperates and hawkers. No peace here. You can get great seafood platters though!

2 Thank Adrienne388
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“nice beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

nice beach with some very nice bars. But watch our your belongings while going to the sea (if not left right on the bar)

Visited December 2012