“Love the beach”

Ranked #72 of 351 Restaurants in Sihanoukville
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice food, but smaller portions than other outlets !! Great atmosphere day and night ! Nice BBQ at night !

There are newer reviews for Purple Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Purple Bar & Restaurant is the cleanest restaurant on this beach. The owner and staff is also the most polite ones on this beach. The food is excellent and well suited for families with children to sit down and eat. The staff try to keep the place and beach as clean as possible, which seems to be pretty rare at Ochheuteal beach. The menu is also various, so everybody will find food they like with nice prices. The BBQ Baracuda and other seafood was nicely decorated and tasted very good. The swedish meatballs was also delicious. It's a nice place to sit down to have a romantic dinner in the sunset and have a dip in the warm sea afterwords. It's our prefered place on this beach and we stayed there for many romantic evenings with a lovely sunset, before the neighbor shacks start to play laud music around 8:30-9:00 PM.

1  Thank Svein Arne G
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This place run by a sweedish man, is one of the cleanest place on Ochheuteal Beach. The prices is average, but the food is great! I even got the best swedish meatballs I ever have tasted there! And the staff is attentive, welcoming and serviceminded. And they don't play laud music, wich is essential if you gonna have a romantic dinner and enjoy the sunset on the bech. It became my favorite place on the beach when I visited Sihanoukville in November.

2  Thank Oggiwara1
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were introduced to the Purple Bar on a recommendation from some locals. We decided to eat and try and I am so glad we did. The food was delicious, beer was cold and at a great price and service was always with a smile, and when not busy, staff will sit and chat and practise their English. That can be quite good fun. If you get a chance, have a chat and a joke with Ammoy, she is really nice and likes to chat and joke. Will definately eat here again when next in Sihanoukville.

2  Thank Marty_Dibden
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stopped there a few times on my visit to Sihanoukville. Each time the service and quality of food was great. Purple Bar is run by a man named Lars and his wife and extended family. All very nice people. Lars is great for insider tips and very trustworthy. I would leave my iPad and cash with him when I went swimming.
The only negatives are although it has a pool table, it is pretty beatin up. But what do you expect from a beach bar. And I did find the amount of people coming in to try and sell me stuff annoying. But hey, that's Camodia!
If your on Ocheuteal Breach , check this place out. You'll be glad you did!

2  Thank MotleySteve