“Beach bliss”

SeaGarden Bungalows
Ranked #12 of 237 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We recently spent 6 days at Seagarden and would thoroughly recommend other travellers to check it out. If you want a beach bungalow experience with a drop-dead gorgeous sunset and a quiet beach, then Seagarden offers just that. It was very good value for money and had an equally reasonably priced restaurant and bar on site. We are surprised to see some other reviews complaining about staff, and must say that we found them extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. We are also surprised to see that the owners affection for their lovely dogs was even mentioned as a negative, we were not aware that guests are should be in competition with pets... My suggestion is to ignore the negative comments and see it for yourself. All in all a paradisiacal place.

Room Tip: Room 1 is closest to the sea
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 11Sebastian2013

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We loved our stay here while we were in Otres, we were so lucky we managed to walk in without a booking and get a room here for $12 which is really reasonable!! Every place on Otres is basic so of course this is no exception, but anyone who comes here I guess is looking for relaxation, nice beaches, good food and chilled out atmosphere! That exactly what you get at Sea Garden! The owners were really friendly and despite the comments from other reviewers about the dogs getting more attention, anyone who loves animals is a good person in my books so i didn't care! The dogs are obviously Steve and Api's baby's so lighten up! After 2 nights we had to move across the road to Mushroom point because Sea Garden was fully booked, we were truly gutted but still came back everyday for their lovely food at least once a day! Try the Chicken coconut curry its fantastic!!

Room Tip: Room 1 near the beach or there are huts on stilts which may feel a little better as we got a tiny bi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Georgina C
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This place changed my life, Steve and Appi are beautiful people and will accommodate anything. Reading the bad reviews for this place makes me sad.
Food was awesome, service was incredible, rooms are pristine for the value. It all added up to an experience and forgettable time. I will tell every single person who travels Asia to make room for otres beach, and the beautiful beautiful sea garden, an experience everyone needs in their lives :-D
Thank you steve, Appi, Matt, Navi and Tida.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Dougpepper
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I live in Cambodia working in Phnom Penh and I use sea garden as an escape if I need an even more relaxed vibe than I get back in PP. The staff are great Steve and Api two of the owners met my girlfriend and I at 1 in the morning during peak season when we booked for the wrong week. But instead of shoving us out on our behinds they made up a bed out of cushions and fresh linens in a gazebo right on the beach that is usually just used for drinking and gazing out over the beautiful beach and made us feel very welcome. The staff feel like old fiends after a few conversations and it is just a really nice place to unwind.

The bungalows themselves are traditional khmer thatched roof huts with a bed, a fan, mosquito net and power supply. Perfect if your ambition is to relax.

There is hammocks under the shade for the afternoon and the food is always delicious.

I have been about 5 times and if I can fit it in before I'm on my next adventure I may be 5 more.

Room Tip: 1 is closest to the beach but I prefer the huts above the hammocks.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Benj P
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were greeted by the less than friendly English owner, the dogs were barking and the owners seemed more interested in their dogs than their new guests just arriving.
The whole place feels as though you're an inconvenience to the owners and the sour faced Cambodian staff (with the exception of the younger Western fella who worked at night)

The food was ok although the Italian restaurant next door was a much better option.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. The dogs are far more important than the guests but the dogs don't pay the owners bills, we do.

Room Tip: Room 1 is closest to the beach
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mim1983
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Location of this place is very good, right on Otres beach, but I found the owners to be somewhat disinterested in their guests. For example i Woke up in the morning to find my stuff covered in a fine powder. i think it was bamboo, although i didnt know at the time, and it may be that it can't be helped if the roof is being knawed at but I couldn't get the owner to show any interest in the problem. He didnt even look up from what he was doing. Just said there was nothing he could do to stop it. i found that asking he or his wife for anything - a drink or whatever - was met with a fairly indifferent response. They would get you it, but in their own time, and rarely with a smile.

There were 2 showers/toilets, which wasnt a lot for 9 huts and although I saw them being cleaned in the morning, they weren't very nice by the evening - insects and a few worms crawling around.

The food was good though and the music at the bar was good and at a nice chilled volume, but I didn't find that it had a lot of atmosphere.

As another reviewer has noted, best seats in the house are reserved for the couple's 4 legged friends.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank AVB38
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights, as a break between visits to big cities. The service was great, the staff laid-back and friendly, and the food was delicious. Only cash is accepted, and there aren't any ATMs at Otres Beach, so come well prepared. There's also a helpful agency right across the street for purchasing bus, boat, or train tickets.

• Stayed: July 2013